rocker arm question

-

dingo77

Reaction score
hey guys just needed some input. i read in a mopar mag awhile back that they had used roller rockers from a chevy on the heads that they were building. my question is this, i have a buddy that has a new set of 1.65 roller rockers he will donate to the 408 im building for my dart. he bought them for the small block chevy in his T-bucket put maybe 100 miles on them then went and built a blower motor instead. so the question is will they work???? thanks guys and gals in advance.

joe

Only on a magnum head, not on a LA head and you'll have to be sure you're geometry is correct.

the question is what heads are you using???

LA heads ..rockers on shaft....dont think the chevy rockers will fit...

Magnum heads....on studs....crane and compcams make kits to allow chevy rocker to fit....but you need the kit

Crane Conversion Kits, Applications Part No. 36655-16

Dodge 92-02, ?Magnum? V-8 318 (5.2L) and 360 (5.9L) engines with 5/16?- 18 threaded stud bosses. Must use 11746-16 or 11759-16 aluminum rocker arms for 3/8? rocker arm studs and 5/16? dia 36668-16 or 36621-16 (heat treated) pushrods.

ive not decided on the heads yet though they will be an aftermarket head ill figure that out once ive got the block finished, though what ever ones i go with they will be bare and i will have them built for the motor. any suggestions on manufactures would be more than welcomed.

-
Back