Rocker arm recommendations

-

illcuda65

Reaction score
I am going to be installing a 340 soon into my 65 barracuda. I bought the 340 off of member HemiEd and am excited to make the jump up from the 318. The 340 is bored .020 and is set up w/a comp thumpr cam- long duration. I am going to pony up for the RHS heads here quickly and I would like some input on rocker arms from all of you.

A conservative estimate has the 340 pushing 425 h.p. I want a tough little street car that runs hard and may see the strip once a year at most. What rocker arms would be best for this application?

Thanks all!

hughes engines rocker arms are what i have on both my 318 and 408 stroker...no problems, very high quality...

I'd be inclined to go with the Comp Pros..

..there's still an "unanswered" question out there about how many cycles an alloy rocker can handle on a street driven car...although the rep. brands like Harland, Crane and Hughes all seem to have a strong fan base.

Be sure to check what type of piston you have in that 340 before you buy heads. If its a stock style early piston or a TRW replacement it will stick above the deck and not work with a closed chamber type head, like the RHS or standard Edelbrock. FYI.

Be sure to check what type of piston you have in that 340 before you buy heads. If its a stock style early piston or a TRW replacement it will stick above the deck and not work with a closed chamber type head, like the RHS or standard Edelbrock. FYI.

They are Mopar Perfomance Wiseco pistons, very light, and they are at zero deck.

I have a complete small block Harland Sharp setup that has about 100 drag passes on it, they are in good shape. PM me if you think you would like to buy them.

-
Back