Rocker Arms for SB Eddy Mag.

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
Could someone please give me some suggestions on a good rocker arm for SB Eddy Magnum heads? I currently have(and about to throw away) Crane 1.6 Aluminum Energizers. I pulled one of the valve covers and found that one of the pins that holds the roller tip had almost pushed its way out and about to release needle bearings all over my engine. Now I'm trying to decide on a "better" set and brand, just curious what most of you had. I think these are actually (Ugh!) Chevy rocker arms on a 7/16 stud. Any ideas? I'm finally getting the car dialed in (11.90 @ 113) and it's decided it wants to break stuff! Lol.

Comp Cams Pro Magnum Stainless rocker arms.

They are awesome, quiet and last forever.

You do use the Chevy part number rockers for those heads, but the Edelbrock heads come with 3/8 stud unless you've changed them out.

Yes, I have change out the studs. However, I just spoke w/Tim at Hughes Engines and he said that the Chevy 1.6 rocker isn't really a 1.6 on a Chrysler head. I looked at their rockers and they looked similar. I was looking at the ones you just suggested before I called Hughes. Or is someone at Hughes just blowing smoke up my rear?

I'd be very curious at his line of thinking... the pivot point and the lengths between the fulcrum point and the push rod cup and roller tip dont change. You lose lift due the the lifter angle, but that's on all small block mopars with 59° blocks.

-
Back