rocker choice

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading my rocker assembly . My cam is a circle track racing cam with 288 adv duration on both sides and 495 lift with 72 deg of overlap on 106 centerline . I will be running crane doubles and would like to know if a change to a longer rocker would be a good up grade ? Or a touch to much for the street. my valve guides have been cut for the double springs. my heads are nicely worked X heads ,M1 single plane,3 inch pipes and 391 gears on 26inch tires ...what do you think:coffee2:

I am thinking of upgrading my rocker assembly . My cam is a circle track racing cam with 288 adv duration on both sides and 495 lift with 72 deg of overlap on 106 centerline . I will be running crane doubles and would like to know if a change to a longer rocker would be a good up grade ? Or a touch to much for the street. my valve guides have been cut for the double springs. my heads are nicely worked X heads ,M1 single plane,3 inch pipes and 391 gears on 26inch tires ...what do you think:coffee2:

Longer rocker? do you mean 1.6 ratio?

the 1.6 rockers will add ,,,,,,,,,,

.495 divided by 1.5 = .33 lift at the lobe..

.33 x 1.6 = .528.....you pick up just over .030 additional lift.

the 1.6 rockers will add ,,,,,,,,,,

.495 divided by 1.5 = .33 lift at the lobe..

.33 x 1.6 = .528.....you pick up just over .030 additional lift.
do you feel there are any draw backs to this change

Not really.....running 1.6s on 3 or 4 engines...never had a problem

thank you Tony I have never ran any thing but 1.5 and never a problem hate to mess with success but the extra lift is tempting and I am shopping for Rockers.

-
Back