Rocker geometry correction

-

supertruck

Unretired Old Fart stock car racer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Several posts on here discuss small block rocker geometry and mention Mike at B3 Racing Engines and his geometry correction kit. I wanted to pass along my experience. I contacted Mike when I began my 340 build with Edelbrock heads. Mike sent the instructions on how to take the measurements he needed. Shortly after sending the info, I got my PRW 1.6 rockers along with Mike's kit. After the initial mock up, the contact patch on the valve tip was a bit off to the inside of the head. I contacted Mike. He had me return the spacers and, based on photos of the contact patch I sent him, he made a new set of spacers at no charge. I had them less than a week later. These look like a perfect setup for my project and the contact patch and rocker movement thru the valve cycle is much better. I'm sure the original problem was due to an inaccurate measurement on my part, not a fault of Mike's. I'm posting this to let FABO members know that Mike stands behind his products 100%. If you're planning on doing this upgrade, do not hesitate to work with Mike.

There is no doubt Mike is a top shelf guy.

I'm glad you went to Mike and corrected your geometry. In the long run it always pays off big.

Pictures? Before and after perhaps?
Just wondering.

Here's a before and after. It's not a big difference in the contact patch but it is more centered now. A little can make a big difference.
20180118_142044.jpg
20180201_120042.jpg

Last edited:
Mike is a awesome guy, he also does port work as well, he is porting and setting up my heads for my build edelbrock magnums. Very knowledgeable and great to talk to. Can't wait to get my heads back and see how work.

I also went with Mike for my build. He answered all my question and was very accessible. I had to mill the heads a bit for the push rod clearance but the valve-train geometry looks great! Here are a couple of pictures. If you zoom in you can see the offset spacers that he provides.

I would also like to thank Yellow Rose for his advise and help with installing the gear drive.
408_1.JPG
408_2.JPG

Yellow Rose was a source for me as well. Very knowledgeable guy. I checked with him prior to going to Mike.

I'm excited about everybody getting their geometry correct!!!

I fought it for years when the only option was milling the stands and using offset blocks and shafts.

Mikes way is a much better way to do it.

Thank you Mike.

-
Back