rocker oiling magnum block la heads

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
i just drilled my mag block for la heads and as far as i can tell i only get oil every 15 degrees on rotation i have w2 heads wit adjustable shaft mounted roller rockers(solid cuped push rods)
first is this really enough
second will groved cam bearing give me better oiling the whole rotation
third does anyone know of anything else

I hope others that are experts reply but if the drilled passages get their oil from the camshaft you should be getting oil every 45 degrees of crank rotation. If the cam bearing surface is grooved its full diameter, you will have oil constantly. LA heads on a Magnum block is a tough combo for oil control. Groove the cam bearings related to your oil passages and you should be in good shape. tmm

ya thats kinda what i was thinking nd i guess i forgot to calculat the fact that there r 2 oil holes in the cam but still i dont like the fact that i would only be gettin oil when the holes line up therefore i would think groved bearing would hopefully solve that

something us slant guys do is take the die grinder with the "cone" shaped bit and chamfer the hole by about and 1/8" on either side of the hole (on both sides/ on both holes)

kinda like this <O>

when you figure all 4 sides of oing that it adds alot of "on" time"

hope this helps...

Good idea Kid. But just remember, Ma Mopar designed the 45 deg. "oil squirt to the heads" and it worked for 100,000 miles or more. It also restricts oil to the heads to keep more oil in the pan to feed the crank. tmm

Good idea Kid. But just remember, Ma Mopar designed the 45 deg. "oil squirt to the heads" and it worked for 100,000 miles or more. It also restricts oil to the heads to keep more oil in the pan to feed the crank. tmm

very true... but also if your spinning the motor you want more oil to help cool and lube the top end... granted you need a good pump and deep pan...

r u sayin widen the holes in the cam like a cone to pick up oil a lil longer

long ways with the lobe... so as it spins it allows oil to continue up to the heads... not front to back...

and just lay the die grinder on there for i couple seconds and it usually does it... just fix the burs lol... hate to spin a cam bearing

i already hav a 8 quart pan and will hav a high volume pump...i think the groved bearing will give me the oil i need i feel better with a small amount of oil the whole tim wit spurts every 45 than just gettin oil every 45

-
Back