rocker shaft oil flow

-

a2000rt2

Reaction score
any ideas on how much oil they need. looking at building a remote oil system for the shafts and dont know how much flow they need

are you running 800psi spring pressures, why do you need to change it?

Read his other threads...He's looking into running W2 heads on a Magnum block and would require shaft oiling which the magnum block won't support.

found a few small pumps capable of 60psi and .5 to 2 gpm. should be enough, but wanna be sure before i build it and lock it up. doing it this way i can use the regular crane rockers instead of the $1200 T&D

You can't tap it from the back of the block like was suggested from your other thread?

I was thinking tapping the pan and pulling from there and let it return as normal

ok why don't you use a oil filter adapter and tap a direct line from it thru the vc's into the end of the shafts. have seen it this way on some old late model stockers.

You mean a separate oil pump? You can tap off the existing system and use external feeds to the shafts and just use carb jets to restrict it. Same type of deal as the Indy headed big blocks. Or I've seen a few shops that did sucessfully drill those holes... I don't think I'd want a separate system unless you had a pressure sensor and a light for it.

I know just took forever to find a pic, like the way they got to the shafts and not through the covers like I was thinking

You did better than I would have so good hunting there. Those pics are the first time I've seen it on a small block.

-
Back