Rocky Mountain Dash coming together

-
This is the one I got and you have to trim for this one. The other insert for pre 70 you may not have to trim. Don't know for sure.

DSCF0146.JPG

man that looks great nice job it is expensive but well worth it and i like the look of the glovebox door as well may have been a pain but it looks awesome

That is nice, I am second guessing my self now, I bought a new bezel from PG Classic, and sent that and rally cluster to Redline gauges. They are going to keep the 150 speedo, replace the small tach with a fuel and volt, and put monster tach in the other large hole. I also sent the dash pad to just dashed and had the 3 gauge pod molded into the dash pad for oil, temp and maybe o2 sensor. Not sure of the 3rd hole yet. All gauges will be white faced and wired for stock harness. Kind of wished I would have new about RM before, a bit far into the game to switch now.

thats amazing. im now gona go get the extra dash i have up in the rafters and get started. i plan on covering mine with carben fiber or somthin. i relly liek the way u did ur turn signals and high beam light. hope u dont mind if i try somthin very simuler.

I too have fitted a RMD to my 440 69 Barracuda.
In fact RMD were so impressed with mine they emailed me to ask pemission to use mine as a feature on their website.Of course I said I'd be honoured:thumrigh:
As far as I know mine is the 2nd RMD to go to australia.The product is 1st rate superb!!!
If anyone is interested and 1970Duster440 doesn't mind me sharing his thread I can post up other pics showing the installation.

834y04m.jpg

89l8hzr.jpg

In fact RMD were so impressed with mine they emailed me to ask pemission to use mine as a feature on their website.Of course I said I'd be honoured:thumrigh:
As far as I know mine is the 2nd RMD to go to australia.The product is 1st rate superb!!!
If anyone is interested and 1970Duster440 doesn't mind me sharing his thread I can post up other pics showing the installation.

834y04m.jpg

89l8hzr.jpg
Its not my thread ,it's 70duster440's thread.

Now you wired all the gauges to the plugs and that would connect too? Rookie if my question sounds foolish sorry.

834y04m.jpg

89l8hzr.jpg

Not to throw this thread off track but I love your seats. What are they out of or are they aftermarket.

Its not my thread ,it's 70duster440's thread.

Woops,sorry,- similar usernames:p

Hey nqkjw, nice Cuda, is it hard to drive a lefty in a righty country?

Nah,takes about 10minutes to get used to it.The only real PITA is seeing past trucks when overtaking on the highway.Just gotta be careful.
I've never been to the US but mates who have tell me it's harder for us to drive over there(wrong side of the road to us) than driving LHD over here.

any chance of see a pic from behind?

Thanks Jerry

Coming up!!!!:thumrigh:

Now you wired all the gauges to the plugs and that would connect too? Rookie if my question sounds foolish sorry.

I wired up all the guages to form it's own harness.I then identified all the original wiring and connected it to the harness wiring via two aftermarket connectors.

Not to throw this thread off track but I love your seats. What are they out of or are they aftermarket.

The seats are just cheap imports I picked up off Ebay Australia.
They do the job fine,look good and were dirt cheap!!!

Pic showing stripped out dash.
8a5nxg4.jpg

Pic showing the wiring under construction from the rear.
834pegm.jpg

is that a CB Radio I spot mounted under the dash?

if so - 10-4 good buddy!

70duster440-when you get the dash installed and working could you possibly take pics of the installation of the wires and which wires hook up to the factory wiring.

70duster440-when you get the dash installed and working could you possibly take pics of the installation of the wires and which wires hook up to the factory wiring.

I'll see what I can do. It really wasn't difficult. I simply replaced the factory gauge plug with the "Painless" plug (and new terminals) making sure to match each factory harness wire to the new cluster harness. I have to run a new/separate wire for the tach (I'm using an unused bulkhead socket. The factory just ran a wire through a grommet in the firewall) and wires for the speedo, which is now electric.

Turn signal and high beam indicators are replaced by LED's mounted in the RMD.

Cluster plug:
Dark Blue w/tracer = Ign-on, +12v
Dark Blue = Fuel sender
Violet = Temp Sender
Orange = Instrument Lights
Red = High Beam
Light Green = Left Turn
Tan = Right Turn
Black = Brake light (ground)
Gray = Oil Light (ground) or to sender

Painlessplug01.jpg

Painlessplug02.jpg

I'll see what I can do. It really wasn't difficult. I simply replaced the factory gauge plug with the "Painless" plug (and new terminals) making sure to match each factory harness wire to the new cluster harness. I have to run a new/separate wire for the tach (I'm using an unused bulkhead socket. The factory just ran a wire through a grommet in the firewall) and wires for the speedo, which is now electric.

Turn signal and high beam indicators are replaced by LED's mounted in the RMD.

Cluster plug:
Dark Blue w/tracer = Ign-on, +12v
Dark Blue = Fuel sender
Violet = Temp Sender
Orange = Instrument Lights
Red = High Beam
Light Green = Left Turn
Tan = Right Turn
Black = Brake light (ground)
Gray = Oil Light (ground) or to sender

Pretty much identical to how I did mine.:thumblef:
As you say,It's not as difficult as it looks.

No, you match the factory harness wires to the correct gauge. The Painless color codes are different. It's very easy though to see what color is going to each new gauge.

alright thanks for your help. itll be some time before i get around to doing the dash since im in the process of body work but its always good to know ahead of time of what i'll be getting into.

-
Back