Rocky mountain dashes may be closing forever

-

jomoper

Mope or Nope
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all
Don't know if anyones aware but RMD is possibly gone forever.
There is a thread on big block dart.com it's just titled damn...
looks like they may pull through I hope so I really wanted one of those dashes. Anybody else ?

That sucks....

i got this off of there website:

Rocky Mountain Dashes has shifted gears for the better. We're currently working on a re-capitalizing plan that will enable this company to not only survive, but become a much stronger automotive customizing company.

Stay tuned for further developments, which will be coming shortly.

ya if they are going to be gone then i need to buy a dash now even though i wasn't planing on buying one for a while

anybody still have the phone number. i was expecting to see my dash this week sumtime.

At what they charge for a dash, I'll HAVE to remain stock.

A buddy of mine bought a dash for his 67 Cuda about a year ago and when he tried to install it he found they machined the steering column cutout off about a half inch. He called them 3 or 4 times and left messages (couldn't ever get anybody to answer) and they would never called him back. Only when he filed a dispute with his credit card company did they call him then the guy was a real jerk and tried to say Ron didn't know what he was talking about. He finally had to take pictures and e-mail them to him to prove it. The guy then told him if he sent it back he couldn't get to it for 3-4 months which is a bunch of crap especially considering how much they cost. They finally agreed to Ron having it repaired at a local machine shop and Rocky Mountain Dashes paid for it. So buyers beware especially if he's going out of business.

I purchased one for my 67 barracuda. These are custom pieces. Beware....They DO NOT fit the factory stock metal dash frame. They never say or imply that it is a factory replacement. The radio cut out did not match the factory dash frame. Ignition switch would not clear. None of the screw holes line up with the factory ones. I'm not bitching, but before you fork over $425.00 make sure that this is what you really want. Just my 2 cents.

how hard do you think it is to build your own dash? im guessing the only real thing need would be access to a crimp machine to bend the metal. everything else seems to be easy to weld tubes to fit gauges.

I purchased one for my 67 barracuda. These are custom pieces. Beware....They DO NOT fit the factory stock metal dash frame. They never say or imply that it is a factory replacement. The radio cut out did not match the factory dash frame. Ignition switch would not clear. None of the screw holes line up with the factory ones. I'm not bitching, but before you fork over $425.00 make sure that this is what you really want. Just my 2 cents.

I agree they are custom made dashes but the problem lies where this clown manufactured them and led people to believe they do fit our dash frames. Why else would they come so close to fitting??? Your right about the mounting holes being off also. I forgot to mention that. My question is if these are custom dashes what are they supposed to fit?? Not many people are willing to remove the dash frame and have a new one manufactured just so this dash insert will fit.

It's a bunch of bull is what it is. Misleading advertising and poor quality control. If you swallow it shame on you.

There are alot of companies making custom parts for cars and they make them fit the car. You don't have to re-manufacture the car so their part will fit.

BTW: When my buddy called the first time to talk about buying one of these dashes he was told it would bolt right in where the original was and no modifications were necessary.

I agree they are custom made dashes but the problem lies where this clown manufactured them and led people to believe they do fit our dash frames. Why else would they come so close to fitting??? Your right about the mounting holes being off also. I forgot to mention that. My question is if these are custom dashes what are they supposed to fit?? Not many people are willing to remove the dash frame and have a new one manufactured just so this dash insert will fit.

It's a bunch of bull is what it is. Misleading advertising and poor quality control. If you swallow it shame on you.

There are alot of companies making custom parts for cars and they make them fit the car. You don't have to re-manufacture the car so their part will fit.

BTW: When my buddy called the first time to talk about buying one of these dashes he was told it would bolt right in where the original was and no modifications were necessary.

This "guy" used to be a member on BBD. Of every dash I've ever heard about I've heard of your buddy's as the only problem. You shouldn't start bashing them just because one dash went wrong it happens. Maybe your buddy was a jerk or something to him about it, or maybe something was amiss with the deal.

abodyhotrod i found an email from them when i was asking some question about their gaues. their number is (719) 302-0678

Customer service is dead - has been for some time. Just try ordering something from Legendary; 100% poor customer service, in my several experiences.

I bought the full dash for my Demon......I would buy one again. Price was reasonable.......(try pricing a 3pc billet wheel)

This "guy" used to be a member on BBD. Of every dash I've ever heard about I've heard of your buddy's as the only problem. You shouldn't start bashing them just because one dash went wrong it happens. Maybe your buddy was a jerk or something to him about it, or maybe something was amiss with the deal.

That's good if alot of members on BBD got good ones but I know Ron's was screwed up and the guy didn't want to do anything about it until Ron threatened him with legal action. Yes Ron told him what he thought about the product but it was only after the guy wouldn't return any of his phone calls then when Ron left a threatening call (his 3rd call in a span of about a week) he finally called Ron back and said there was no way it was like that and he had to send the dash in for inspection and he wouldn't get it around to it for 3-4 months. I know Ron well and know what he said was true. I myself looked at it and the machining was way off. If you read post #7 again you'll see HAOLE said they don't fit the stock dash frame which wasn't what my buddy was led to believe.

As far as bashing somebody because you say it's the only one you've ever heard of being screwed up well I'm just stating the facts so others will know how he handled this case. I know they are fact or I would never say it. I don't even go by hearsay. If I don't see it I take it with a grain of salt and let it go. You can ask anybody on this board I've dealt with and they'll tell you I'm honest.

The customer service part is mainly what I was bashing. If he screwed one up and then when called said he was sorry about the problem and if you send it back he'll get it taken care of right away that would be understandable because even bad things happen to good people. It's the way he handled it that ticked me and Ron off. Would you like to order something and then have a problem with it and call the business and have them tell you there was no way it was like that? Then after you prove it was by taking pictures they tell you send it in and I'll get to it when I can. Probably be 3-4 months. I highly doubt anybody would like service that.

you know i dont think you should be saying things about fishy68's buddy when you are taking so defensivly about what he said about rocky mountain dashes. Fishy is an honest guy and i trust what he says Wether or not his friend was rude or not if i paid the money those things cost and it doesnt come perfect the first time im gonna be pi$$ed off too. There is a golden rule in business the customer is number one and if you dont follow that rule exactly the upset customer is gonna talk do a good job and maybe they will tell one person dont handle things right and guaranteed everyone they know will find out Wether or not fishys friend was rude id start being rude if they told me it was gonna be 3-4 months till they could fix their screw up and apparently they did screw this particular dash up if he footed the bill to the machine shop he wouldnt have paid a bill for a dash that was in perfect condition and a machine shop would have had nothing to work on with a perfect dash. Im just saying if things arent up to customer standards guaranteed people are going to hear about it so you have to make things right before the talking starts just my .02 no need to talk to fishy like that when all he was doing was stating the dealings he knew of with RMD and you dont really have the right to jump on him if you dont know the particular circumstances again just my .02

-
Back