Rode in a Viper

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
Friday I blew off work and went to the Roadkill/ Dodge event at the new M1 race facility in Pontiac. Dodge had rides on the skid pad with Vipers and Hellcats.
The first turn in the Viper made me a little light headed but on the backstretch it was in the rev limiter and just spun the tires.
My first time in a car that fast.

when the '06 Corvette and the SSR came out, I took them for a spin at a show. I got the Vette and my Dad got the SSR. The straight course was just long enough that you could shift into 2nd (auto's both, shifting) and then get out of it. Each car had a staff member in the passenger seat so you couldnt run away with it. Pretty fast cars but both had traction control on so it was just mashing the gas and shifting at 5500. Still pretty cool, no turns.

Years ago I was supposed to meet a buddy for lunch. He no showed. Was walking out and seen a 427 Cobra. Went over to take a look. Was peeking under the car when the owner showed up. We talked for a while. Asked if he could take me out for a spin. Ears were ringing for a while. What a rush. Guy didn't baby it. The torque the thing had was incredible. 4th gear, 50mph just mash the go pedal...and hang on...Good times...

Got a ride in a Viper at Lime Rock, late 80's I think, that car was effing fast.

-
Back