rodents is so nasty :(

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
yea they sure can be nasty when they use the bathroom in your car and stuff.

I am parting out another 68 dart and I pulled the dash cluster to find this mess.

with some rubber gloves on I separated the bezel from the gauges so I can hose it down. .......nasty

Attachments

• CIMG4963.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 285
  • CIMG4964.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 273
  • CIMG4965.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 273
  • CIMG4966.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 262
much better after the first hose off but would not have to do this if the stupid rodents would learn to rent their own Port A potty.

Attachments

• CIMG4967.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 251
Yuckers. Ran into some of that in HVAC/R. Went out in the winter to service heat pump (electric furnace backup) in winter. Pulled the blower and here were TAILS of many dead ones hanging down from the screening above the blower. YUK

Another was a condensing unit under a cabinet in a bar. There were "a few" deceased mice in there. The condensing unit was warm so they gathered around. Then it would cycle on and the fan blades LMAO would knock them in the head.

Fun. NOT!!!

When I worked on Motorola stuff, we had a particularly bad remote base station full of crap down at Lind, WA. These were a cabinet with a "rat trap" in the bottom.......so long as the installer moved the little trap door for it tight against the cableing.

Rat poop can make you very sick, hope you wash it with more than just water if you intend on selling that stuff, be careful.

Rat poop can make you very sick, hope you wash it with more than just water if you intend on selling that stuff, be careful.

well I hosed off the nasty stuff but I am planning to scrub it with a disinfecting cleaner.

Its going to end up in the barn on a shelf because I am keeping original dash stuff in case I ever want to reverse the rally dash swap I did in Natasha (my 68 dart)

but yes........I am aware that stuff is not healthy and should be dealt with very careful.

Man I love being in the junkyard and working on a old car that has that old smell mixed in with mouse piss lol but I am a very sick person...

I would use a good pine cleaner, like Pine-Sol or Lysol to disinfect it...

We've been seeing some mouse poop in our back garage. I set some traps and caught two of the bastards already....

Uh, Rani, where is your cat??? I would fire him or dock his pay...

Saw signs of vermin in my garage once. Set out a rat trap. Classic one with the spring loaded wire. Came back later and that rat was making off with my trap. He had that trap on top of a 5' chainlink fence despite a perfect neck strike on that rat. Those things are tough.

A group I bet you never heard of, Rani.
Nice oxymoron for a name.
And apropos for the avocation.

[ame]https://youtu.be/tCK5822m6_I[/ame]

Maybe he was full. You know, from eatin all the wires.

Attachments

• attachment-9.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 145
They can for sure leave an odor in the interior of a car

And an inspirational message from the net...................

Attachments

• InspirationalMessaga.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 165
Drove the Great White Whale (1 ton Plymouth) to work the other day to get the side glass installed and noticed I was car pooling with a rather large field mouse running back and forth from the heater box to the passenger bucket. Trap time again.....

Drove the Great White Whale (1 ton Plymouth) to work the other day to get the side glass installed and noticed I was car pooling with a rather large field mouse running back and forth from the heater box to the passenger bucket. Trap time again.....

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

Get a good cat... :D

I would use a good pine cleaner, like Pine-Sol or Lysol to disinfect it...

We've been seeing some mouse poop in our back garage. I set some traps and caught two of the bastards already....

Uh, Rani, where is your cat??? I would fire him or dock his pay...

the rodent take over took place at another location. My uncle has a storage yard in the middle of the prairie. The car was out there for a long time before I brought it home.

At home the cat does his job quite well .....some cars have been in the same place for a long time and I would bet a lot there is nothing like that around.

On the cars with ratty interiors, I leave the vent window open and the cat will actually sleep in there in the winter or in summer have free access in and out. His scent alone probably keeps rodents away.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

Get a good cat... :D

I have plenty of cats... I may put a litter box in the van and let one spend the night. Someone dumped a litter of kittens near our place and they came wandering up the other night. Fortunately they were old enough to eat canned and dry food....

-
Back