Roll Cage Fabricators recommendations

-

68wssDartmmb

Reaction score
Hello,
I’m coming to you guys on this forum to see if I can get any recommendations for a Roll Cage build and installation. I can like it to be an 8.5 certified cage for my 68 dodge dart post sedan. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. For 2 years I’ve been trying to setup some one and told to wait a few weeks to get in, then after a few months waiting I’m told they can not take me in. That’s happened 4 times now so I’m hoping you guys here can connect me with someone to take it in. I’m not in a big rush so the time to finish is open to whenever it’s done. Thanks for any advice.
Chuck

Hello,
I’m coming to you guys on this forum to see if I can get any recommendations for a Roll Cage build and installation. I can like it to be an 8.5 certified cage for my 68 dodge dart post sedan. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. For 2 years I’ve been trying to setup some one and told to wait a few weeks to get in, then after a few months waiting I’m told they can not take me in. That’s happened 4 times now so I’m hoping you guys here can connect me with someone to take it in. I’m not in a big rush so the time to finish is open to whenever it’s done. Thanks for any advice.
Chuck

i would reach out to @HemiDenny i bet he could point you in the right direct. I would also hit up Cope but I do not remember his handle on here? Two excellent resources.

Too bad you're so far away.....

He does many of the N/SS mopars in Mi....and has done all my stuff, for decades. Super guy, super work.

AWRacecars

I‘ve hauled 2 of my race cars to Comp Chassis in Phoenix (from Ft. Mohave). Mike Brient does great work and in a timely manner.

I‘ve hauled 2 of my race cars to Comp Chassis in Phoenix (from Ft. Mohave). Mike Brient does great work and in a timely manner.
Just a question but how long ago did you use Mike at Comp Chassis. A google search reads permanently closed? I called the number and Mike did answer but he woks from a resident. Is that where he did yours? Thanks for the info.

Yes, his shop is behind a house 3516 Bluefield Ave.

the original shop was in Glendale when Richard Beals owned/operated it (had my Mirada caged and ladder bar installed). Next it was located in an industrial suite (Orange Ave location). Believe that’s when Mike took it over solo. That’s where my Duster got full cage and they build tube K members in house so I have coil overs and rack steering. I’ve also been to his current location. it‘s a quite large shop behind a home….. you’d never suspect it!

Last edited:
Great, thanks for that. That’s exactly where he is having me drop the car. Ok good. Was a little worried about that, I’m taking him the Dart on Saturday. Very excited to finally get the roll cage going. It’s been something I’ve been trying to get done for 2 years now and thanks to your help I’m finally able to move forward on it. Thank You so much for referring mike to me. I know he will do a great job.

Hopefully he’ll have his Valiant there.... Beauty of a car

Mike also did my aluminum door panels and two piece trans tunnel cover. The dude has skills.

If you ever need headers built you do know of Greg up in kingman right? (REF Unlimited)

Hopefully he’ll have his Valiant there.... Beauty of a car

Mike also did my aluminum door panels and two piece trans tunnel cover. The dude has skills.

If you ever need headers built you do know of Greg up in kingman right? (REF Unlimited)
No I have not but I will definitely keep him in mind. I have a gen3 6.1 I’m building to put in the Dart and also got an HDK member so no more torsion bars. Custom headers would be sweet!

ohhhh man! Your lucky day! Greg is one of THE BEST pipe guys anywhere! It went like this: call him, told him what I’ve got. Set appt date and he ordered the flanges. Dropped off car at 7am. Bummed around Kingman…. got call at 2pm, “your car is done”.. he’s an artist!
took the car back to him with our iron headed mill and he modified the Hedman headers for that set up.

ohhhh man! Your lucky day! Greg is one of THE BEST pipe guys anywhere! It went like this: call him, told him what I’ve got. Set appt date and he ordered the flanges. Dropped off car at 7am. Bummed around Kingman…. got call at 2pm, “your car is done”.. he’s an artist!
took the car back to him with our iron headed mill and he modified the Hedman headers for that set up.
Sweet! When I’m ready I’ll let you know. Thanks again for the great info.

Car went to Mike @ Comp Chassis in Phoenix AZ. Will be picking the car up this week. 8.5 cage and J bars. I also had him finish welding other items. Can’t wait to see it! Now I need recommendations on a Paint and Body guy that works from his home, any suggestions out there?

5B12B499-69EC-4F1C-81F4-8046D7BBD3CC.jpeg

E3A65EF9-145C-4D70-BF2F-A52136969FAD.jpeg

EFD6A637-384A-4E95-A99A-5BFF3F7257FF.jpeg

CFBBDAAB-AF51-48D7-9413-6B7FD8CA92D3.jpeg

0F42C0BD-3E05-4D92-8797-85E6AB29576C.jpeg

F1B1F6CA-55BD-4008-846E-922F9D1BFE16.jpeg

Got the Dart back today from Mike @Comp Chassis, he did it just like I wanted especially the J Bars inside the fender rather than the engine bay. Also finished up other items like the gas frame I made and filling in the trunk floor. He does nice work at a good price and finished when he said it would be finished! Who does that anymore lol!

2643046B-86F5-4598-8D21-1D418A6D99C9.jpeg

6C7B896C-9460-446D-9135-C626705C4C26.jpeg

1FCA773F-B756-45D2-B756-41355A41CC0A.jpeg

D6DDA1DF-3024-470B-B50D-089BDA572499.jpeg

6A5565C7-C2C4-41FC-A120-F57E654A8842.jpeg

9ADE01B6-5ECA-4EAE-880C-DFDA7C568BBD.jpeg

78CED08C-53E1-4D12-B85C-FDA2C8860F30.jpeg

53B42334-8DA9-4059-A8E2-7986734EB169.jpeg

9A2A11E9-3964-4803-8564-AAE897D9DEDE.jpeg

Very clean cage install! I'd would've liked seeing him weld up some of those joints. That one where the front j-bar meets the a-piller bar looks like it was a pain in the ***. Those fab guys are artists.

Very clean cage install! I'd would've liked seeing him weld up some of those joints. That one where the front j-bar meets the a-piller bar looks like it was a pain in the ***. Those fab guys are artists.
For sure! All my years with building car and I never took the time to weld really well. I kick myself for that now and I leave it to the professionals. I had him finish the welds on the frame rail connectors and boxes, I had only spot welded them into place and he asked who did the welding underneath? I didn’t have the guts to tell him it was me. I told him some other guy did and he said they were poor to say the least.lol! Thanks for liking

For sure! All my years with building car and I never took the time to weld really well. I kick myself for that now and I leave it to the professionals. I had him finish the welds on the frame rail connectors and boxes, I had only spot welded them into place and he asked who did the welding underneath? I didn’t have the guts to tell him it was me. I told him some other guy did and he said they were poor to say the least.lol! Thanks for liking
Haha that's funny! I'd have probably said the same thing.

I'm interested in the rest of the build. Keep us posted as you progress.

-
Back