Roll Call: Your Car Have a Name?

-
For now mines name is "Ruster the Duster" after its painted and finished it will be named "Mean Green Machine"

I'm not one to name vehicles, although I do talk to them and believe they may indeed have a soul...

LMAO..........just don't start kissing it. My wife was watching a show one night about strange obsessions and there was a dude on there that had to kiss his car everyday, literally.

If and when I get mine somewhere near done and it's in paint, it will bear the name "Bad Sport".

74 Dart Sport.

Nella's car...Sunfish!! Named by our own 68383GTS Jim in a contest Nella had here on FABO a couple years ago. It was the most fun we ever had here, and had a ton of entries, but I think Nell picked the right one!!

Attachments

• cropped again.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 131
Same as my Signature--Swifter--Because it will Dustya!!!!!LOL

My Duster's name is Layla. I don't know exactly how I decided on it other than maybe the song Layla by Derek and the Dominoes. I like to think she has a theme song because of it.

We call our old '72 ford p/u "Brownie", but that's only because we call my mother-in law "Brown Thunder". Don't ask why!!!

Funny about the "Brownie" I have an 83 4x4 I bought from Cosgig that we called Brownie until recently when I put a black box, and front clip on it and a red cab. Now its "orville" just like the popcorn dude, "orville red n blackie" I also used to have a 68 Coronet 500 wagon that had wood sides on it and was called "woody"

Patience

Actually named by a buddy of mine in Shreveport, La. that had a Chager named Faith. Our buddy, at the time, had a Duster named Hope so I wanted to name her Charity, but we went with Patience because that's what it's gonna take to get her back on the road....lol.

Hey, charity also helps get stuff on the road. It's just a matter of how much charity you are willing to take. :D

Hey, charity also helps get stuff on the road. It's just a matter of how much charity you are willing to take. :D

I do know one thing: I've gained priceless free info here. God bless America and God bless FABO!!!!

Edie, named for the countless times she's had problems with getting it on the road. :)

I have things I call my cars when it's not going as planned. But they're not names I'm calling...and I don't think I can post what I call them here. My wife sometimes refers to them as my other girlfriends...and one is usually topless!

Duster is called "The Spacer",...hopefully male

Caliber is called "LBC" (little black car)...ambiguously gay

Pontiac is called "Poncho",....and Its a female

Jeep, Dakota, and the Ram have no names, but they're definitaly male...

65 Coronet: Charley, after the previous owner
65 A100 Panel: Shorty Pug
67 A108 Window: Win-der Pug
70 A108 Panel: Panel Pug
71 Swinger: The Race Car
73 Sebring: Satty
75 Swinger: The Dart
75 Mail Jeep, soon to be Mopar powered: Little Mongrel
76 Valiant: 582 (last 3 digits of VIN)
76 Valiant: 583 (see above, the sequential twin)
76 Dart SE: Dad (was my late father's last car)
77 D100 Short Bed: Orange Crate (factory brite orange)
79 Volare Roadrunner: The Roach Runner
86 D150: Ugly Red Truck
95 Town & Country: Rimmey (late father in law)
96 New Yorker: Karen
05 Durango: The Dirty Hemi (named by my then 3yr old daughter Allison)
08 Durango: Mommy's Hemi (also named by Allison)

And everything else is named PARTS.

Jezebel in Hell

401919881.jpg

401919871.jpg

401919868.jpg

Stickers were made by Kenny, Stroker Aspen. Thanks again Kenny!!

-
Back