Roll Call: Your Car Have a Name?

-
I call all of of my cars "VISA", it suits them all

"The Mistress" seems to have stuck on mine.

I refer to my van as ""the Average White Van".

Neither of my Swingers have names and none of my trucks (4 of them) are named, either, unless you call referring to them as (Ram) "250" and "350", or "GMC", or "Chevy", or "Ford", or "71 Dart", or "72 Dart", names. Actually more like designations or descriptions.

I'm not one to name vehicles, although I do talk to them and believe they may indeed have a soul...
...but my wife calls my Amber Fire (metallic orange) Dakota R/T-
Bad Penny.
...and I am OK with that.

i name all my cars girl's names only.....i actually have a process bcoz when i aquire a car or start working on a car with no name, i take a seat in garage and stare at the car and think of a name that fits the look and personality of car, so its not like just picking a name out of a hat or anything like that.......after a name is chosen i leave it "unofficial" for six months ......in that six months if i cant come up with a better name then it becomes "official" and cant be changed after the six months. the car's name gets written in the car in a secret place....

Bcoz i am a girl .....my flagship car, my favorite one of the herd shares my real name.

My current project is a 69 dart named Natalie http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=188256

i also have a 72 dart named Lorraine and a 67 cuda named Amy.

I never named any of my cars,but if I did it,one would be "Money Pit".

I call my 71 Purplebird...

Attachments

• roadrunner%20ebay%20pics%20%2845%29[1].jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 239
This one is a basket case so I call it ''Fish in a basket"".Once the car is finished maybe I will come up with a name...

Attachments

• Formula S #1 001.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 230
Here's mine..... it pretty much sums everything up...

Attachments

• wasting time.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 259
Kinda useless without pics, but only car we named was the Wife's Element.
License plate says "WLY FGLY" , because I told her when she bought it that it was F'n Ugly almost to the point of Nasty Ugly. So it's her little Willy and she loves the thing.

I had one of those, my ex wife called it Bad Penny too lol, mine was a 2000 R/T club cab in Amber Fire. My daughter was 9 when traded my R/T. She cried her eyes out when I traded it in on my 05 Ram saying please daddy dont trade my truck.

I'm not one to name vehicles, although I do talk to them and believe they may indeed have a soul...
...but my wife calls my Amber Fire (metallic orange) Dakota R/T-
Bad Penny.
...and I am OK with that.

We named the Duster....Greta. We found an old bank deposit slip in the console when I took it all apart and someone had written Greta Garbo's name on it. So thats how she got her name.

Never really thought about it! But thinking Wife might be appropriate. Seems the darn thing is always wanting money.

I've never named any of my other cars, as far as I can recall, but I did name my Dart.

I had known the car for a couple years before I bought it and always thought it was black. Then once I had it, I noticed that it was actually a very dark blue.

So I named her Sweetness. After the only other entity sporting that colour that ran that well. Walter Payton. Legendary Chicago Bears running back.

And I'm a die-hard 49er's fan.

-
Back