roller cam and roller lifters/ hydraulic

-

Louie70Dart

Southern IL. Complete opposite of k-town
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to go with a hydraulic roller set-up for a 340 I picked up. When I look at the cost of roller lifters from Comp it's over $500. Lunati has them for under $400. Is it possible to mix the Comp cam with the Lunati lifters? If not I will probably wait for a better time. Thanks.

Hughes has retro fit roller rockers for 365.00. They are nice, that's what I have in my 360. Also if you use stock heads (I think the 308 head you don't have to) you're going to have to enlarge the pushrod holes for the angles of the pushrods....

do not buy hughes retro fit lifters nothing but problems

how about quit spaming everyones thread...you got a thread going about your problem....people can read it there...dam

just think how many hydraulic flat tappet cams you could have bought....

Don't be afraid to spend money for quality.
Good anti pump up hydraulics get pricey. Hell , stock replacements aren't cheap.
Shop with an eye on the best you can afford , not how much you can save.
You aren't buying tennis shoes or dish soap.
Talk to Tim @ Bullet racing cams ( 662 ) 893 - 5670 and ask what he'd recommend.
They have a steadily growing reputation in the hydraulic roller world and they don't make lifters. Ask any cam grinder that doesn't have a horse in the lifter race which ones they like and why. Try a call or p.m. to an engine builder.
That will scrape off the varnish and give you an unbiased answer.
And I see a few threads from the past about hydraulic roller lifters , so give the search a shot. Too much information is never a bad thing....especially when there is a 4-5-6 hundred dollar price tag at the end of the equation.

MRL, a member of our website here, makes solid Roller Lifters at a
competitive pricing. Drop in fit,,,,,,...something to consider instead
of Hyd style

As much as I love Lunnatti cams , I'd think twice about using their roller lifters, as I'v heard of some issues with them, I know one member on here who I just saw at a car show sunday has them, in his car and he has low oil pressure at idle, and come to find out the lifters actually expose the oil groove ( ever so slightly ) when they are at there highest point of travel, and when idiling the oil pressure is very low. From what I understand lunnatti is aware of this issue but has done nothing to correct it.

-
Back