Roller cam "conversion kit " 340 LA ??

-
Brasil
If you are looking to kill off some Dcr, the roller cam is the wrong way to go in a daily driver, plus itsa lotta money for a DD. The lobes on roller to a similarly sized flat-tappet hydraulic @.050, will be have much shorter ramps, which will close the intake considerably earlier.The earlier closing intake will trap the charge closer to the bottom of the cylinder, making a higher Dcr.
If you are gonna put that engine back together with the same parts as before, you are gonna need a VERY BIG rollercam to kill Dcr, but it won't do a thing for your high Scr.
From the earlier thread on this subject, I assume you already know this, and so this is just a reminder to measure up your parts, and calculate your TRUE compression ratio, before getting started.
Oh yes and I do remember that you mentioned that your gas has a higher octane rating than the stuff we call pumpgas over here.
So, just a friendly reminder.

@ AJ/FormS

Thank you for your reminder. I was thinking about the roller cam, because of the ZINK issue in the todays motor oil. here in Germany it is difficult to find a good oil with zink... That´s why I asked about
the roller cams....
Till now I only try to get as much information as possible... to be prepared when I tear the engine apart
I will do what you told me.... first step is to know whats inside the engine.. and then I will go from there

Thank you for your help
Greetings from Germany
Jurgen

-
Back