Roller Lifters ASAP!

-
Contact OU8812 for this. You didn't mention Hyd. or solid. Huges also has a good set, though I don't know if there up to you standard or need, which would be? (Perameters of the build.)

I have Comp solid rollers and I had to clearance the lifter valley in my 340 block, I did get them 6 years ago and when I found the problem I contacted Comp and they sounded very surprised when I told them of the problem, they may have corrected this since then but I would be leery to buy another set till I talk to them to see if they corrected it.

Contact OU8812 for this. You didn't mention Hyd. or solid. Huges also has a good set, though I don't know if there up to you standard or need, which would be? (Perameters of the build.)

Yeah, I saw those!
You must be talking about the new ones. They look pretty good.
I'm going to buy a set for my wife's motor.

I run the Crane hydraulic roller lifter in mine. Very minor clearancing needed to drop them in. Had to go with a custom small base circle roller cam from user ou812 to correct the oil hemmorage issue caused by sloppy factory casting/machining on the '71 340 block I used.

I run new Comp rollers with no oiling mods. I don"t care whos lifters you buy there are going to be minor clearancing issues.

Dunno, Hope the comps work good cuz those are the ones I just bought.

Hughes claims their new hydraulic roller lifters have a lowered oil hole that will not cause oil pressure loss at full lift. It's pictured on the website. In a recent issue of Mopar Muscle there is a stroker being built with Comp solid roller lifters that drop in. The guide bar is on the 'inside'.

Hughes claims their new hydraulic roller lifters have a lowered oil hole that will not cause oil pressure loss at full lift. It's pictured on the website. In a recent issue of Mopar Muscle there is a stroker being built with Comp solid roller lifters that drop in. The guide bar is on the 'inside'.

Hughes set is also $350 versus Comps $550 for the set of "retro rollers" for LA motors. I'm running Comps in my 360 currently and had no clearance issues. I will be looking closely at a set of the Hughes rollers for my next build.

I'm also watching that Mopar Muscle article on that 427 stroker based on the 340 block. I'm trying to decide that versus the Hughes 360 based 426 stroker setup for the Barracuda.

Good luck with your decision!

I ended up going with the Hughes Roller Lifters, thanks for the info.

-
Back