roller rockers

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
so guys were can i find some good roller rockers for a small block, but im not looking to spend 500$ either so if any one knows i could realy use them thanks guys

Are the Proform rocker arms any good? I have a set of 273 adjustables & a new set of Isky ductile iron adjustable rockers. Would the Proform rockers be better or should I just use the Isky's & call it good?

Whatever you use, don't use rockers made by Probe Industries. The oiling hole going to the pushrod cups were too small and ended up wearing out the adjusters and pushrods. I called them up and they acted like they had never heard of that happening with their rockers. Every one of them did it. It wasn't an oliling problem with the motor, as I put a Crane rocker shaft system in and had no problems. Also, the Crane rockers oiling hole was about twice the size of the oiling hole for the Probe rockers. Just an FYI.

Are the Proform rocker arms any good? I have a set of 273 adjustables & a new set of Isky ductile iron adjustable rockers. Would the Proform rockers be better or should I just use the Isky's & call it good?

the 273s or iskys are a better way to ... yo coulf sell me the iskys! :rock:

so guys were can i find some good roller rockers for a small block, but im not looking to spend 500$ either so if any one knows i could realy use them thanks guys

Heres the set i'm running on my stroker,Comp Cam part#cca-1322-16,they're $449.00 i paid $409.00 just 2 years ago,but they're well worth the money spent...

71 Dart Swinger, go with the Cranes as Rumble suggests or stick with the ductile iron adjustables.

'64 Cuda, the proforms suck. The adjusters sef-destruct and the rollers flatten.

71 Dart Swinger, go with the Cranes as Rumble suggests or stick with the ductile iron adjustables.

'64 Cuda, the proforms suck. The adjusters sef-destruct and the rollers flatten.

Cranes have had they're issues with the adjusters too...

Thanks! No use in asking for trouble.

Does anybody sell "out of the box" pushrods to fit between Magnum roller lifter & an LA adjustable valve train? I see that Crane sells one to fit their setup but I don't know if Crane roller lifters are the same height as stock Mopar magnum lifters.

Cranes have had they're issues with the adjusters too...
Cranes must be installed with only one to two threads showing below the rocker to assure proper lubrication of the adjuster and pushrod cup. This is done by making an adjustable pushrod, measuring it, and having the correct pushrod made or by matching the length up with an exsisting new pushrod.

Valve train geometry is of paramount importance when building an engine. Before the above is done, the contact area between the roller and valve stem face should be checked and adjusted by the use of rocker shaft shims if necessary, not to mention spring height, coil bind, guide to retainer clearance, etc.

Thanks! No use in asking for trouble.

Does anybody sell "out of the box" pushrods to fit between Magnum roller lifter & an LA adjustable valve train? I see that Crane sells one to fit their setup but I don't know if Crane roller lifters are the same height as stock Mopar magnum lifters.
I would definitely make or purchase an adjustable pushrod that will allow you to get the correct pushrod, for your engine and heads the first time around. On a magnum style head, pushrod length will determine where the roller contacts the valve stem face.

Quality parts only seem expensive until your engine breaks due to the cheaper parts short comings. Then you'll know what expensive is when you re-do the engine again.

Every manufacture has had an issue with there product. No one is exempt. However, 1st rate manufactures like Crane Comp etc... will be stand up about matters in many cases. Present your case well and be treated likewise. You'll probably be happy in the end.

Though there not going to rebuild your engine or pony up on it.

-
Back