Ron Francis install question

-

70b7duster

Reaction score
Finishing up my install of their express wiring kit. Went to fire up the car, and have power to everything in the ON position but while cranking lose power to ignition and fuel pump. Haven't had any time to look into it. Just wondering if anyone has any input before I start digging.

Side note, if I jump power at the fuse block until it fires and the key returns to the RUN position it will fire.

Yup You forgot to hook up the IGN2 circuit. This is where all these systems fall down. None of them have ever heard of something called a "Mopar."

This is the traditional brown wire, comes off the ignition switch, through the bulkhead, to the coil+ side of the ballast resistor.

Power to the "run" IGN1 drops out during crank

as usual 67dart273 is 100% correct. The ron francis kit doesn't account for the factory ign switch, they want you to use "their" GM switch. run a short jumper from the "IGN 1" to the "IGN 2" switch with good gauge wire, and you'll be good..

JOE

Awesome thanks for the input!!! So splice the brown wire of the ignition switch to power w/ the key ON? I knew it had to be something simple because I HATE wiring and followed the instructions to the "t"

Edit. Started reply before I saw joeboy's Post. thanks!

yeah, splice, or a 2nd wire… You need power at both terminals on the factory switch, RUN and START. I was the same when I installed mine, followed inst to the "t" and was lost for a bit…

JOE

clhyer is a really nice guy and a good member. He wired his Duster with a Ron Francis kit. Maybe you could get some pointers from him.

Awesome thanks for the input!!! So splice the brown wire of the ignition switch to power w/ the key ON? I knew it had to be something simple because I HATE wiring and followed the instructions to the "t"

Edit. Started reply before I saw joeboy's Post. thanks!

And those instructions are not very good.

I used a Ron Francis kit and found myself cross referencing the diagrams that abodyjoe put up when he documented his wiring kit

-
Back