Ron in California

-

Cstmbuildr

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Ron and I have a 1962 Plymouth Valiant Signet 200 that I am starting to restore. It is in good original condition although some people have helped themselves to a few good parts before I got it. I am looking forward to hearing from other early A body owners and sharing my restoration with all of you. I'm sure now that this won't be my last one.

Welcome to the site Ron. Good to have you here. You better post some picks or you will never here the end of it. We got a lot of car **** junkies around here. Me included. LOL

Good luck with your build.

Thank you all for your welcome. Here are some pictures I took before I picked it up. It was a little dark. I will get daytime pics soon. The car was stored on four jackstands and the tires were new and had never touched the ground. the valve stems were in bad shape though.

Attachments

• 1962 Valiant Signet rear (640x480).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 1962 Plymouth Valiant Signet 200 (640x480).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 171
Welcome aboard. Looks like you are off to a good start from what I can see.

Aj

Nice starting point! Welcome, Ron.....looks like she got a little "black-out treatment" to the front end, right?

Ron, welcome from North Carolina and I like your Valiant. Can't wait to see more pics and keep us posted on the progress.

Luckily the body is very straight and I have all of the trim. The push button shifter is missing as well as the hubcaps. Unable to get in the trunk yet. I'm hoping for a surprise when I do.

Thanks everyone, I have decided to restore to original condition. Mainly because I have almost everything and also because I am having a hard time finding any originals out there. I think that they are getting rare. The 'blackout treatment' on the grill came from the factory with the Signet trim (Cudavert). Thanks again and I hope to start a restoration thread soon.

Hey Ron...where in Central CA you from? I live in Lemoore. Welcome BTW. You won't find a better or more helpful group of guys on the net. These guys are great!

Jason Strong

Welcome, nice looking car-- you'll find a a few fanatics when it comes to those cars-- the boys down under are in a class by themselves for the 60-62 valiant.

you can try taking out the back seat & crawling through the trunk area(very tight area) & will have metal supports in the way-- or a local lock smith might get you in fairly cheaply.

Good luck & post up some wants /needs. Hopefully your car has the front spears for the fender trim & the U jamb door weather strip-- almost impossible to find.

the pictured car used to be my daily driver-- it is still driven in town today.
Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_9177 (2).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for the tips, I live near Angel's Camp. I will try and get in the trunk this weekend and see what is there. I am ready to start it up after this weekend. It looks and acts like it's ready to run. I rebuilt the carburetor and rebuilt all of the cylinders in the brake system. I'm going to drop the fuel tank this weekend and make sure it's good to go. That is a nice looking daily driver VDART. I wish my wife could see some of Exner's best work through my eyes.

-
Back