Roof rail channel weatherstrip

-

jmwuva05

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question. But I'm not sure what to call this piece and was wondering if someone could enlighten me. The pice of stainless trim that goes under the roof from the a post all the way back to the b post. Made of stainless steel I presume. I'm not sure what to call this piece. The ones with my car are fairly ratty and had been painted black which is flaking off. I was wondering what they are called so i can look for better ones. Also I can't seem to find my pictures of when I was disassembling everything and can't remember but thought there was a type of foam weatherstrip between this piece and the roof? I have the large rubber pieces that go on the underside that the window glass seals up to

I would call them roof rail molding and roof rail molding weatherstrip. Both were available for my 67 Barracuda fastback... not sure which car you need them for. The weatherstrip is just a roll of material that you cut to length.

These are usually three-piece stainless. #1- up the "A" pillar to the windshield/roof corner, #2- a corner piece, #3- long strip to the back. When installing there is a foam strip between these retainers and the body.

Sorry forgot to put which car is is a 72 duster. I saw reproduction pieces for the early cars and b bodies. The duster ones are one piece and havenet seen any repros. So the piece sandwiches to the road with a piece of foam strip seems like I remember wore wheeling that stuff off the body when I stripped it down. I got bogged down in metal and today work. Replaced both quarters etc and enough time has gone by that I am forgetting stuff and didn't take pictures of everything when disassembling

Are you referring to the stainless channel that attaches to the A pillar and runs back to the C pillar?

This may sound like a dumb question. But I'm not sure what to call this piece and was wondering if someone could enlighten me. The pice of stainless trim that goes under the roof from the a post all the way back to the b post. Made of stainless steel I presume. I'm not sure what to call this piece. The ones with my car are fairly ratty and had been painted black which is flaking off. I was wondering what they are called so i can look for better ones. Also I can't seem to find my pictures of when I was disassembling everything and can't remember but thought there was a type of foam weatherstrip between this piece and the roof? I have the large rubber pieces that go on the underside that the window glass seals up to

Pretty sure its called roof rail stainless weatherstrip channel.

There's a kit available that includes the rubber weather-strip and the foam liner that goes between the stainless and the sheet metal of the roof.

MOPAR - A Body 1970-76 - 72 Plymouth Duster - Page 1 - Detroit Muscle Technologies, LLC

BTW, if the stainless trim is in good condition it is easily restored. Use a paint stripper to remove the paint and then, use polishing wheels and the various compounds on a bench grinder.

I did this on mine and they came out perfect!

POWERTEC 6 in. Bench Grinder Buffing Wheel Kit with 3-piecs Polishing Compound Set 71631 - The Home Depot

Thank you all for the replies! I think they may clean uo fairly nice but if not I know what to look for and a member messaged me that they might have a pair if mine are not in good shape under the paint

-
Back