Roof trim question?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I got my 67 notch doors close on adjustment (not finalized) and my door glass installed and quarter glass working with new front seals. I installed the roof rail fittings and rubber gasket, my question is should the glass roll up into the slot in the roof gasket for lay to the outside of it. I left the car on the wheels with the glass slipped into the slot but I don't know if that is correct and it looks like the old rubbers had the glass laying to the outside.
Advice appreciated, DR:coffee2:

Its really not deep enough to be called a slot. If it was, closing the door while glass is rolled all the way up would crush/wad the gasket. The slot is more of an overlap. Getting the glass to land in it correctly is at the travel stop of the window regulator.

I think I see, I adjust the travel stop so the glass slides past the outside lip on door closure, which then slips to the outside of the door glass. I am making the assumption that the quarter glass rolls up into the recess between the inside and outside?

yes sir, that's how they did it. Try to balance seal at quarter glass to roof rail with seal between the 2 glasses. Tweaking away wind noises and/or water leaks is the fun part. Good luck

-
Back