Rotary Cuff surgery

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Anybody ever have it done ... MRI results show tendon that runs on top complete torn ... 1 cm retraction from bone ... Doc says 50% may not be able to reattach ... Had cortozone shot in shoulder .. feels worse ... how long does it take for pain to completely go away after shot ... did your pain radiat all around shoulder and sometimes down arm .... how is recovery time ... ex: pain , discomfort , do you need narcotics for pain?
Thanks Fabo members ....

My dad had it done about a year ago. He was in a lot of pain for the first few days. After that, most of his pain was at therapy. good as new now. says it was worth it, he was suffering pretty bad before. Hope all goes well.

Rotaor cuff surgery isnt bad at all. Havent had it done but i work with 5 ortho Docs here. Cortizne usually takes approx. 4 to 7 days to start to work. Sometimes with the shot the first few days the shoulder is more sore. Ice advil will help.We have alot of success here on the surgery. Keeping the shoulder relaxed until physio starts is the key. Be patient and dont do ANYTHING the Doc dosent want you to do, even if it feels better after surgery. You have to let the repair heal up enough to start physio. To much to early and you can rip the repair and be back to square one. Hope this helps some. All the best...Edd/Nite Moves

Have had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder next 1 will be to replace it . Was suppose to replace last year but I got a lot of things I want to do. Also I'm to young lol what my doct say 39 . Hope all go well for you. The shoots are not that good for me I have a high pain tol . So just keep it iced down you'll be fine in a wk or 2 mike

I had it done a few [3] year ago, the recovery pretty much sucked for the first 3 weeks but after that it was ok, pt helped alot and when it would hurt the pt helped. The drugs helped at night to sleep but don't get stupid with them, you can get in to trouble with that stuff ! 3 years later it's fine and good to go! good luck!

A former co-worker had it done & did NOT listen to the doc & therapist. Was in as much pain after the surgery as before so whatever you do listen to them....

I had rotator cuff surgery in Aug. of 2009 and was off work until the week before Thanksgiving. The best advice I can give is to do EXACTLY as the doctor says and do the physical therapy that is perscribed to you.
I had a full tear of the cuff, a torn tendon in my shoulder, and while the doctor was at it he took care of some tendonitis in my bicep. I messed mine up playing softball with my daughter in our back yard and tripped in a small hole in the yard and fell shoulder first into the garage.....the garage didn't move!

my prayers are with u bud i anit ever had to have it but as with any thing getting cut on pain killers are a good thing trust ive had two knees cut on .... and i hate meds i said when i went in i would not be talking them but i lied

THANKS A BUNCH guys .... This is why this sight is more than just about cars .... I will be having it done in Jan or Feb 2012... i do not want to replace my shoulder later on in life ...

It's a good call to go thru with the surgery cause a friend of mine from work who is 25 years younger than me put off his surgery for too many years and now has to have a replacement done. I'd rather have the surgery.

-
Back