rotation or non on valvesprings

-

Massen1981

Reaction score
So my valvesprins are deed and i need new, but har du i now if i have rotating retainers?
The heads are stock 318 1973.

Thanks Mads

Rotating retainers are thick and are free to move in the center. Do you have any pictures? Rotators require different valves and springs. I doubt you have them. They were mainly used on heavy duty trucks. They are not performance parts.

I will post pics later.
Is the Eddy springs ok for a mild steet motor it is stock comp mild porting and a performer cam.

I doubt you have them too. They will only be on the exhaust valves, and they will look dramatically different from the ones on the intake if you do. If they look the same - you don't have rotators.
For general use performance I like the Comp 901-16 springs. They can be used with all your factory hardware.

35627_62028.jpg

Valve_Rotocoil.jpg

Matching springs to the cam is good. You can also check the spring rates of the springs they recommend. Compare to other, good companies, springs that match and those should be OK also.

Those are Rotators, Thanks Todlich

Ok I can see that i dont have rotats. Intake and out are the same. Will go whit the eddys that they have for ther cam. And then we will see if they like boost!

Thanks for the help guys

-
Back