Rotor phasing

-
I put a new MSD pro billet in the Dart and had to do it to get it to quit breaking up after 5800 rpm. Phased it with the adjustable rotor and it pulls clean to 7000 so yes it was to me.

You can figure it out for sure , the msd adjustable is less than 40us at Pace Automotive , don't know what you'll pay locally tho .

.............well I ordered the adj rotor......last year it was breaking up around 6400 with a 7000 chip, a couple guys said that the chips can go bad and cause that, put in a 7600 chip and she runs perfect to 7400, but I will do the adj rotor anyways, I figure it cant hurt........kim.......

Mine was bad off almost all the way off number 1 firing backwards to number 2.

Good on ya bud let me know when ya got it all figured out and I'll stop by with one so you can set mine up too .

Who does it and was it worth it. Thanks. Kim

My Pro-billet MSD distributor was phased between two of the towers. I used their phasing kit to dial it back to a single tower. The motor still did not start on the first crank most of the time. It sounded like it had too much initial on the first crank, and then would fire right up.

Later, I read that MSD inadvertently swapped wire colors for the pick-up lead on a bunch of their Pro-billet dizzy's. I popped the wires out of the plastic coupler and reversed them. Once I did this, I no longer needed the adjustable phasing kit.

-
Back