Rotting "Super Cars"

-

Caddguy

Reaction score
A bunch of high end and rare cars just rotting. Very sad for the most part but I think calling a Mustang II a "Super Car" is going a little over the top.

http://acidcow.com/cars/8646-abandoned-supercars-104-pics.html

abandoned_supercars_03.jpg

2 super birds
don't know if I would call all the 4 doors super cars....

I feel like puking now.

The shitty thing is that it would cost so much to restore most of those cars the "correct" way that a normal bloke wouldn't be able to afford it and those who can would normally buy new.

The corvette is the type of "barn find" I'm looking for....come on grandmas and grandpas give me a deal on any old school muscle.

abandoned_supercars_22.jpg

I hate it when that happens. There is a Mustang with a 428-CJ rotting on this guy's front lawn a few towns up from me. It is almost like he has it there taunting us because he WILL NOT sell it, cover it or move it into a shelter despite the many and generous offers. He has quite the reputation amoung the local F.O.R.D. community.

Ah well, what you gonna do? -LY

Hey Yankee, Try something and see if it helps your effort. The guy with the Ford, go talk to him and tell him you'll loan him a portable shed to park the car under. Let him know you'll help him get it under it and put it up on blocks at no cost to him. You may soon be the owner of that car. Who knows.
Did anyone see the rabbit tracks in the snow in front of that white XKE? Agreed, some of those are not super cars. In todays market some would bring about 3-400 dollars for scrap.
Small Block

in 1994 i was having my a/c serviced at a shop not to far from my house. i wandered around the back of the shop and there was a 68 Dart sitting there, still complete. Talked to the owner of the shop, he bought it new. Told me it was a 340 4 speed car. Had not ran since 1973 or so. Not for sale. I stopped by there 2-3 a year to try to talk him into selling. He was friends with my buddy that was the manager at the Big-A auto parts store. Had my buddy pester him constantly. No deal. 2005 rolls around and notice a "New Owner" sign at the shop and noticed the Dart was gone. The previous owner had died in his sleep. The new owner told me that he sent the car to the wrecking yard that his brother owned and they crushed it. Damn near made me cry......

A few cool ones, but a lot of Euro trash to me. Interesting to see though.. thanks for the pics.

-RPM

alot of them arent abandoned they were in or outdside of shops and/or had for sale signs. there was a 67 gt500 though..... damn shame

Well I don't know if mine counts as "Super" or not, but at the salvage yard I work at the owners brother has a 1970 Hurst 300H sitting out here rotting away. Used to be a complete car but now it's been picked over and has about 30 years of weathering on it.

Its just plain sad! Some of these cars are a huge part of automobile history. Never understood why people will let a car rot rather than sell it to someone who actually would restore it. Same goes for people who sell rare parts that aren't reproduced and ask a mint for them. It kills the hobby!

There's this jagoff with a 72(?) barracuda that lives near me. Keeps the car parked out on his yard right by a 2 lane highway. Loves to tell people that he's not selling, but wont' put a "not for sale" sign on it.

Things been sitting there for four or five years now. Ridiculous.

Steve

-
Back