royal screw up!!!!

-

340 swing

340swing
Reaction score
I could use some help. When I was doing the body work on my car I decided to replace the passenger side door. It had mirror holes and I decided I would keep them because I liked the balanced look of a mirror on both sides. I didn't have the mirror an assumed the hole were good WRONG the holes don't line up and the mirror and will hit the vent window if I open it. I don't want to weld on the door at this time and I don't think bondo will hold without a backing. Has anybody seen anything similar. Can it be blended without painting the whole door. The picture shows the holes in relation to the vent window. Right side of picture is the front of the car. There must have been a mirror on here at some time can anybody think what might fit. The door came off a 71 Dart.

IMG_0018.jpg

You might buy a set of those bullet type mirrors that are always listed wrong on ebay. Most aftermarket mirrors have a huge footprint. You would achieve the balanced look but you may not be able to open either vent window.
Thats all I can think of to try.

Maybe find some mirrors that will work, and drill holes in the driver door for the new mirrors, as long as the old holes are covered so you have a matching set of mirrors and no visible holes.

I'd probably bite the bullet too......and it looks like the metal is kinda "pulled up" where the mirror is supposed to sit....that will have to be straightened, I would think, or it'll be noticeable.

I'd probably bite the bullet too......and it looks like the metal is kinda "pulled up" where the mirror is supposed to sit....that will have to be straightened, I would think, or it'll be noticeable.

Yup a patch the size of a dollar bill is easier to work than a spot the size of a dime.

yes, welding up the holes and painting a patch can be done fairly easy,as long as someone knows what they're doing, if you were in Florida, I'd knock that out in a jiffy

Stefan

I had the same deal with my swinger. Had to run those "flat" mirrors. They are really thin where the mirror part is and allow the vent window to open. And the holes should be the same but you never know. jmo.

-
Back