rpm air gap question

-

chris_stevenson

Reaction score
I have a 360 thats in a 72 duster with a torker 2 my question since an edelbrock rep told me that the rpm air gap wont fit with the stock hood I"m checking to see if any one has done that and hadnt had any problems. i an using the mopar air cleaner. I just want to see if thats true and not that he was just pushing the torker ii thanks!

You need a drop base air cleaner, flat bottom A/C is likely a no go.

X2... The air cleaner base offset makes a huge difference. I don't have a Duster but do have an A-body and am running the Air-gap and even have a 1" spacer under the carb and it clears, but just barely. They make air cleaner bases in varying offsets so you have to measure and see what'll work.

also check out different air cleaners. somehow have a dual plane high rise with a one inch spacer that seems to barely touch the top of the hood

my "stock" one that i bought was too tall so i looked around and found a slimmer filter

if im not mistaken i believe the performer rpm and the performer rpm air gap are the same height. i have a late 69 early 70 340 and i have the performer rpm dual plane intake and my hood clears. but your setup might permit different.

View attachment WP_000662.jpg

Correct. The RPM and the RPM air gap are the same height.

I have an RPM Air Gap on my Duster and wanted to go with a stock factory air cleaner but the hood hit so I had to go with a dropped air cleaner.

Attachments

• DSCN0151.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCN0152.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN0153.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 226
-
Back