RPM Edelbrock heads for 360

-

n00blike

Reaction score
How are RPM Edelbrock heads? I have been thing about getting some.

Didn't Indy do some sort of RPM Edelbrock head modifying and sold them out of there catalog?

Are aluminum heads good for daily drivers? What pros and cons are there?

Do you have to baby them?

Any other good heads out there?

Good heads. From a $$$ stand point, you can get more performance per dollor spent on your iron heads if ported correctly. And there in lies the problem if you don't know anybody or trust anybody local to you.

Contact BJRracing. He can help you to understand this better on the in's and outs. He is a head porter.

Didn't Indy do some sort of RPM Edelbrock head modifying and sold them out of there catalog?

Yes, Indy had Edelbrock ship them heads without all the work done to them. What they did was move the pushrod holes over like the T/A heads. Now the ports do not have the pushrod pinch your used to seeing. Expensive parts from Indy.

There absoultely fine. The con is they need to be properly installed. Use anti seize anywhere metal touchs them and you must use good anti freeze or the head can corode.
The pro's are in the head port design and flow which is better than stock. The metal itself disapates heat rapidly. Which is a catch 22 since more heat in the chamber means more power. In order to retain the same heat amount as the iron head, the general rule of thumb is to raise the compresion ratio approx. 1 point. This is built into the head with it's reduced chamber size.
Aluminum can also handle the like point or so higher in ratio over a iron head in HP use. An example would be a iron head has trouble with pump gas at around (Build dependent mind you) 10 - 1, while the aluminum head can go to 11-1.
Squeeze is squeeze. (?)

Only if you want to.

That are on par with the Edelbrock heads for street use? Go look at MoPars offerings in iron and aluminum.

Edelbrocks are a damn good head,to get them to flow better you need to clean them up a little port/polish work but out of the box i've heard guys say they perform great too..i know i'll never use iron heads on any future builds after buying my Edelbrocks..

thanks guys looks like i need to make room for 1.2k in my budget :D
there goes about 1 month of work...can't wait till i finish my BS then i get some more toys 8)

-
Back