RS 5 Speed from Keisler

-

Relax360

Reaction score
Been researching 5 speeds for a future conversion. has anyone installed an RS 5 speed in a mopar yet or know someone who has? I hear there is a long wait after you order. Just trying to see if this trans is even an option.

Any feedback or pictures would be awsome

well that would explain it i thought it was just the RS600 that wasn't out. I know chop cut rebuild put one in a 69 charger.

I talked to Keisler on the phone today. They confirmed that the RS trans currently has a fitment issue becuase the rail system contacts the torsion bar support cross member. They are trying to get a lowered rail system in place. I don't know whats involved. Also asked about the new SS700 that is replacing the RS600 that had a supply problem which cause the mess soo many people are pissed about. They said they are hoping to have everything up and running but June or July. We are playing the waiting game til then.

Probably be out the same time the McLeod unit will be..........never....

They confirmed that the RS trans currently has a fitment issue becuase the rail system contacts the torsion bar support cross member.

Just proves how inept some people can be. How can you possibly sink all that coin into design and development on a transmission and NOT KNOW about the torsion bar support member? Hell, it is the SINGLE REASON that swapping trannies is actually a problem in our cars!

Grant

-
Back