Rubber boot

-
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get a new rubber boot for my 64 dart driveshaft???? And how hard is it to install??

Thanks Moe

Try Andy Bernbaum. He officialy does parts up to 62 but the boot is the same.

http://www.oldmoparts.com/Default.htm

It is fairly easy if you have access to a press. If you need to thread it in and around it can be quite an experience. It may go in smoothly or may try to pop back out at every opportunity and make you say words you never even knew you knew!! Just be very careful not to poke a hole in it.

Frank Mitchell (fmmpar on e-bay) used to have some also but That was quite a while ago. I don't envy that job one bit!

Yeah lose that trunion, see your local driveline shop and tell them you want to put the stub and slip and flange at the trunion end.

I'll look up the parts and give you the part numbers, your shaft should be like 3" in the center and neck down to 2.5 at the end with the trunion or it may be 2.75

depending which shaft you have if it's 2.5 or 2.75 either the 2-40-1811 stub with the 2-3-8001 and the flange depends on the bolt circle which yours should be the 3102-36 flange and not the larger one found in the big bodies....

If your local driveline shop wasn't aware of that, bring that to them, that'll replace the entire head end with that stub, slip, 1310 joint and flange

I used a VW cv joint boot and had the trunnion pressed off and back on at a machine shop. Was actually quite easy but you need a pretty big press for the trunnion. The guy used a penny to get it all centered up but don't remember just how he did that. I do remember it was used for thickness.

-
Back