Rubber hoses?

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I would like to remove all the rubber hoses that the previous owner used.
From the transmission the steel likes are cut and there is rubber fuel line through the header tubes with a heat shield material around it.
I was thinking about using an-6 lines from the transmission and route them away from the headers to a new trans cooler that I would like to install.
I would appreciate any opinions on that.
Also I have the stock mechanical fuel pump, do I have to swap out that pump to install an fittings. the stock pump is using a flare nut which is a much coarser thread than the standard npt.
thank you
George G

My 65 Dart was like that. The steel trans cooler lines were cut at the bellhousing w/ 6" stubs of rubber hose added. I expect some bozo did that when removing the tranny. I ran new 5/16" steel tubing that I bent myself (not available aftermarket for my year, yours could be). I bought a ~20 ft coil off ebay and used for fuel also. It took a lot of back & forth to fit them. Best is to get a stiff wire and bend to shape by hand, then use as a template to bend your tubes. I bypassed the radiator and use a trans cooler in front. Many say to not do that, but it works fine on another car and I don't like the risk of water in trans oil or vice versa, plus it makes the radiator much easier to remove.

-
Back