Rubber Seat Spacers

-

eds70dart

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice here. Over the years I have taken stuff on and off the car and these parts I somehow don't remember being there. I've seen in different companies that there are replacement rubber seat spacers that go under the bench seats of many cars, but I didn't have any on when I pulled my seat out. My car is a 70 Dart with a spit bench seat and will replace them if they are suppose to be there, but are they a necessity and do they do anything to seat height or comfort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a good question. When working on the used car lot we sold to a few short (or should I say vertically challenged) ladies that wanted spacers under the seat and I was soooo glad the factory used long bolt studs to accomodate the spacers. Then there was the old man who brought back a Crown Vic cause he couldn't wear his hat in it.
Some cases where the spacers went under just the rear of the tracks to tip the seat toward level reducing back pain. Seat spacers make happy customers ? Far as I know thats the only reason for them.

-
Back