Rubber Spacer between bumper and taillight

-

Benlab1954

Reaction score
Does anybody here know where I can buy a set of rubber spacers that sits between the bumper and the underneath of the taillights on a 69 dart swinger ??

Pretty sure that they are not available from anyone yet. I was looking for a set when I painted my Dart and didn't have any luck. I might have one around the garage somewhere but it is off a car that was in the junk yard so it's not in great shape either.

If you have a set and they just look bad from being in the weather you can use a rag and some WD-40 and clean them up a bit. It really puts the black back in them and softens them up a bit.

Let me know if you find them repoped though, I would be interested in a set as well.

I've got a set that came on my car when I bought it but the previous owner painted right over them (MAACO paint job).
Anybody got a good suggestion on what will take the paint off without ruining the rubber?
Thanks in advance!

Actually they are re-popped....... by a little outfit called Dynamic Renovations. They are reasonably priced, as well as they have a number of other "Gee... I wish someone would make this part" items for Mopars.
Daryl

Dynamic Renovations has them and all kinds of little things for Mopars .we just picked up a kit to rebuild the door striker area on the Duster,

You can get the duster one through year one, I'm sure year one buys it from someone but who I don't know.

It's under BODY then....Bumper - Filler Panels / Splash Shields

part # RB3617

I was just thumbing through the Mopar Collector's Guide and I see Stephens Performance has them as well....$34.95

Has anyone ever tried to move the bumper forward to close the gap and Eliminate the rubber filler all together?
So it would look like a 73.......
What do you think?

-
Back