Rumbles friendly comp. race entry

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I figured I would let everybody see & know what I have.

A '71 Duster ($700) shell I picked up from forum member "Bubba" a while back.
I installed a ($700) '78 Cordoba engine & trans I orginaly had used in my '79 Magnum. A 400/727 combo.
The 8-3/4 rear was picked up from a forum member Ted. Drum to drum.
Hey Ted, what did I pay?
Driveshaft shortened by SuperShafts here on the Island. (Thanks buddy!)
S/S spring off of my Cuda. (Not the right ones, but they'll have to do for now.
Rear wheels and tires a gift for helping a fellow MoPar guy out in rebuilding his 383 for his Charger.
Pinion snubber from Fishy68, $60
Headers reused from the Magnum.
Intake was given to me as a gift. A Holley Street Dominator for the B block.
Electric choke TQ (800) for $200
Air cleaner, Summit, a couple of bucks.
B&M shifter, the cheap one. About a $100?
Summit aluminum radiator. $200
Bucket seats, from another car.
Like cables for carb and trans from Summit.
Electric junk yard fan. $40
Soon to be installed MSD brand new.
I don't remember the exact price I paid for the 440 source aluminum water pump and housing with pullies but it was pricey.

My nightmare is the wiring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 377
Another shot

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 363
And again

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 348
One more time?

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 340
Bouns shot

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 346
2 more

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 377
That's really ratty man. That thing is gonna be a blast.

that's a great looking body you have there .........the duster. :D

great thread ....I like where all this is going. Anytime it involves my favorite type car like this.

Hay Rob, can we use this thread o describe our cars too or would you rather keep them separate?

that's a great looking body you have there .........the duster. :D

great thread ....I like where all this is going. Anytime it involves my favorite type car like this.
Why thank you, been working out.:D OH! Wait, you mean the car?!?! :wack:
LMAO!

That's really ratty man. That thing is gonna be a blast.
Thanks man! Worth the money. As far as posting on this thread what your running on the friendly comp race, ummm, I guess, I didn't think about that. I guess. Ether way, start your own or jump on this thread, I don't care, i'm easy, ask the wife.:cheers:

I have always been keen on the dusters. Looks like your having fun, and like the TQ!! By the way, as I type, my Duster is on it's way :D

Nice! Joining in on the fun?
I never stopped having the fun :D ! Just haven't had a duster, or any A-body in a few years. I've had the dusters, Darts (Demons, Sports, Swingers), ya know how it is. They come and go, but I think I'm going to unload the 65 Ply this spring and go the next few years in a Duster again! Yours should really rock with the big block....:rock:

Couple of questions... so we can run race seats?

any cutting of weight allowed?

fuel cell?

Yes on the weight savings. I had no seats when I got the car. It would be crazy to purchase OE seats vs. the Summit racing buckets that were free.
Fuel cell?!?!?! Is your tank bad?

I never stopped having the fun :D ! Just haven't had a duster, or any A-body in a few years. I've had the dusters, Darts (Demons, Sports, Swingers), ya know how it is. They come and go, but I think I'm going to unload the 65 Ply this spring and go the next few years in a Duster again! Yours should really rock with the big block....:rock:

Yes, several A bodies have been in and out of here. All Dusters and 1 Dart. When I said joining the fun, I was meaning, Did ya see this?
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=301271

I did not see that thread. I doubt I'll join as I like driving my cars too much on Saturday afternoon. However, I did this same thing before I was a member on FABO with myself. Here it is: I bought the car, and built it for 400 dollars (and did not use anything I had around the house). I went 14.60's. 200 bucks for the car and put 200 bucks into it. The most fun was beating a local 77 corvette, and a couple of 5.0 stangs.

what's the deadline to be up and running and would a F.A.S.T. motif be allowed (factory appearing, stock tires)

I personally only use factory parts or very factory appearing parts and my car is what I call "as if the factory did it" because I am installing a big block which was never available in the car but everything is date coded and the idea is if someone didn't know these cars, they would be convinced that it came from the factory like that.

I would like to prove that with tuning and planning, stock parts can be fast and reliable just as the factory intended.

what's the deadline to be up and running and would a F.A.S.T. motif be allowed (factory appearing, stock tires) I personally only use factory parts or very factory appearing parts and my car is what I call "as if the factory did it" because I am installing a big block which was never available in the car but everything is date coded and the idea is if someone didn't know these cars, they would be convinced that it came from the factory like that. I would like to prove that with tuning and planning, stock parts can be fast just as the factory intended.

I think that's a great idea .. I think in the end once everyone gets a et we should have a list of ets,member name and money spent

Neat! Looks like a ton of fun for not much dough!

I did not see that thread. I doubt I'll join as I like driving my cars too much on Saturday afternoon.

Aw, thats a shame. Maybe next time.

what's the deadline to be up and running and would a F.A.S.T. motif be allowed (factory appearing, stock tires)

I personally only use factory parts or very factory appearing parts and my car is what I call "as if the factory did it" because I am installing a big block which was never available in the car but everything is date coded and the idea is if someone didn't know these cars, they would be convinced that it came from the factory like that.

I would like to prove that with tuning and planning, stock parts can be fast and reliable just as the factory intended.

No dead line. Get'er going when you can. Anyway you want to run the car is fine. Stock tires? Cool. Fatter than fat tires, cool. OE intake? Cool. Aftermarket and modified? Cool.

I think that's a great idea .. I think in the end once everyone gets a et we should have a list of ets,member name and money spent

Yep! IF you have kept track of the money! LOL!

Neat! Looks like a ton of fun for not much dough!
Yea Dude, that is the idea. Fun Fast Cheap.... kind of like...my kind of girl! LOL!!
OH! I hope the wife don't read that! :violent1: LMAO!

Does it have to be a car? I could enter with my snowmobile....?? Can I enter the car I listed above? Don't have it anymore, but doubt nobody will go faster for less money. Bought and built the car on 400 bucks?

Yea! LOL! It's gotta be a car. We would like to keep it a MoPar car. & MoPar powered .But it isn't a must. RustyRatRod is entering his Ford Bobcat. He happens to be MoParless ready right now.
Re-read the thread and understand it is a friendly go fast for cheap competition that shows FABO members (rookies in mind) how they can get there ride going quick for cheap.
I do not expect any blazing fast running cars, but if you think you can do it better for less than the next guy, have at it! Base line the car and report back. The. Add your parts, keep track of the money spent and show us how it gets done for cheap.
BE SAFE!

No prize, just a "Thanks for playin!"

-
Back