Rumour in Oz about brackets and 1/8th

-
It's true in Division 2, we have bracket cars here that can easily run over 200 MPH, some of our quick 16 cars are running 4.30's- 4.50's in the 1/8. The out law quick 16 cars are running 3.70's to 3.90's to make the fields.

BLR, so no more 1320 for bracket racing in division 2? Is that new this year? Was it NHRA's decision or the local tracks decision. I race in Division 6

Chuck

Yes we have bracket racing here but they make the super pro run 1/8 only and street and trophy run 1/4. They have had too many severe accidents without haveing proper emergency personal on site, and the insurance's won't cover more EMS people, like life flight. They only run 1/4 here in Ga. when they have Divisional and National Events, and as far as I know Tenn., Al., and the Carolina's follow the same, I may be wrong but every track that I've been to this is how it is on weekly basis.

It's up to the track although many have gone to the 1/8th mile format because of safety reasons plus it's quicker and easier for the track to get an event done. As far as I know our track is still running 1/4 mile.

Just came across this, so I'm a little late. Haven't had any concerns here in Arizona (NHRA Division 7). We have 3 tracks in AZ and all are 1/4 mile. The tech boys are getting really picky about safety which is a good thing though. Nobody wants to race against something that's going to come apart and dump stuff all over the track for you to run over or worse to cross in front of you. That would really ruin your day. We have EMT's at all of our events. There's a motocross track at my complex and they usually air-evac someone once a weekend becuase of injury. So far no one has had to have that done at the drag strip; thank God. But so far nothing about restricting to 1/8 or any other concern.

Tim

Still the full 1/4 in div 5. But tech is tight at Bandimere. And thats a good thing.

-
Back