Running fenderwell headers

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
How did you run you exhaust and what mufflers are you using? Looking to quite down the car by change the exhaust. I'm currently running Thrush welded mufflers plus dynomax bullets under the side from the fenderwell headers and dumping them in front of the rear tires from 3" pipe. Looking for what works to quite it down.

Just running the pipes out the back under the bumper will quiet it down a lot.

If the exhaust dumps under the car, it will resonate inside the car.

George

What George R said, running the exhaust out to the rear of the car will quiet it down. If it's still too loud, you might put a pair of straight through resonators between the rear axle and the bumper.

JMO

Bill S.

my exhaust ran from fw headers and brought back to middle to 3" flowmasters and dumped before axle with turn downs. worked good for me. those mufflers are loud though, but that is how I like it!

I was thinking of putting in an H pipe to help quite it down also, but I would really like to run it all the way out the back if I have the room. I just need to quite it down. The local cop shop is less than a mile down the road, and they typically sit 100 yards down from the driveway waiting to pull people over for anything.

You want to quiet it down, you have to get rid of the Thrush and Bullet mufflers. they are straight threw. You need to get a turbo muffler that will still give you performance.

X2 and run the exhaust right to the back.

Attachments

• 4][py63452JPG.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 165
I run the cheap Thrush turbos on mine, plenty quiet, dumps in front of the rearend.

-
Back