Running lights woes

-

Dusty1970

Reaction score
I have a 70Duster. Replaced the headlamp switch to fix running lamp issue, but it did not solve it. So everything works correctly, except when the blinkers are not on, both indicator lights on the dash light up AND I never have running lamps. Any help or wiring diagrams appreciated.

when the front 1157 fixtures have a fault in the chassis ground path, the park circuit will seek ground through the turn signal circuit. That path ends in the turn indicators in the instrument panel. so those lamps come on.
I don't know this is all of your problem but surely a part of it. Go the grill radiator support area and check where those front fixtures are grounded.

when the front 1157 fixtures have a fault in the chassis ground path, the park circuit will seek ground through the turn signal circuit. That path ends in the turn indicators in the instrument panel. so those lamps come on.
I don't know this is all of your problem but surely a part of it. Go the grill radiator support area and check where those front fixtures are grounded.
Great job. That is exactly what it was. I had to run a separate wire to each, but that fixed it. Thanks

Better late than never, but that was a perfect explanation.

-
Back