Running the German Autobahn

-

sscuda

The best there is, the best there ever will be.
Reaction score
I spent last week running up and down the Autobahn from Hannover to Munich in a rented C350 M-B sports sedan. What a rush!!!!! I'm now an unofficial member of the 300+ kph club!!!!

Yes , they do have speed limits in some areas but very few police to enforce the speed limit so they install cameras on some over passes and time you from point A to point B.

sscuda
8)

When I was stationed in Germany I ran it everyday you are correct and I did have a nice picture taken of me one day (Smile of the camera) but it is a rush to go that fast.

Really fun on a bike.........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWU5bM2pb7o&feature=related"]YouTube - 310 km/h in Autobahn with Honda CBR1100XX[/ame]

Hi guys,

there is a man and his name is ghost rider. here are some examples in Europe.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Wh3tciRrY"]YouTube - Ghost Rider 1 The Final Ride[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3b9yGgV9As"]YouTube - Ghost Rider 3 Goes Crazy in Europe[/ame]

a dream of mine, one day I shall be there and burn some dinosaur bone

Hi guys,

there is a man and his name is ghost rider. here are some examples in Europe.

YouTube - Ghost Rider 1 The Final Ride
YouTube - Ghost Rider 3 Goes Crazy in Europe

Toni,

I see you are living in Gifhorn. I ate a Brew Pub in Gifhorn a week ago Tuesday night. It was a restored barn. The food was excellent and the beer was fantastic.

I had a meeting in Wolfsburg with VW. So I stayed at a B&B in Oesigin, between Celle and Wittingen. Nice country roads around there.

I had a meeting with BMW on the Friday of last week, thus the trip to Munich.

Germany is a great place to visit. Can't wait for my next trip.

sscuda
8)

when you want to join a no speed limit ride, you have to plan the route.
there are several Autobahn routes with out speed limit. but in most cases are 130 kph the limit or the recommended speed limit. yes, the recommended but not must!

I drove it in 1976...in a Chevy conversion van, so I didn't get to go very fast...

Toni,

I see you are living in Gifhorn. I ate a Brew Pub in Gifhorn a week ago Tuesday night. It was a restored barn. The food was excellent and the beer was fantastic.

I had a meeting in Wolfsburg with VW. So I stayed at a B&B in Oesigin, between Celle and Wittingen. Nice country roads around there.

I had a meeting with BMW on the Friday of last week, thus the trip to Munich.

Germany is a great place to visit. Can't wait for my next trip.

sscuda
8)

I am very astonished! That is my home area.
I've worked for VW til March 2010. Now I work in Celle and I live in Gifhorn.
I think, you meant Groß Oesingen, a small village.
How was the name of the Brew Pub, Brauhaus???
Yes, the food is very excellent.
When you visit our region again, let me know. Here are a lot of Mopars.
Check this site: www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com

Hey thats really funny!!!
I live in Gifhorn too and when you plan your next Trip just let me know it and we can make a spin with our Mopars!8)

Tony,
Nope ain't me. I have an 02 Blackbird with a digital speedo. The one in the video is a 97-99.
And I have never been overseas.

twice a year you can do the same wide open, little place call Ely, Nevada
see yaa
Dodge29

I am very astonished! That is my home area.
I've worked for VW til March 2010. Now I work in Celle and I live in Gifhorn.
I think, you meant Groß Oesingen, a small village.
How was the name of the Brew Pub, Brauhaus???
Yes, the food is very excellent.
When you visit our region again, let me know. Here are a lot of Mopars.
Check this site: www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com

Toni,

Small world!!!

You are correct it's GroB Oesingen, a very small village. The B&B I stayed at was nice.

I didn't get the name of the Brew Pub. My friend found the place. I just went for the fantastic beer and dinner.

I'll be back to Germany in the spring. I have to go to Stuttgart for a Daimler meeting. I'll probably have to return to Wolfsburg in the near future if my VW Chattanooga, TN trip next month pans out.

I will let you know when I'm coming back.

sscuda
8)

-
Back