Rural king (farmers fleet) motor oil.

-
Nahw its gonna be around 9.5 somewhere between 9.2-9.7 depending on how many ccs come out of the heads

I use Fleet Farm private label oil (made by Citgo) or stuff from the local Federated parts store (made by Amalie). Good stuff.

The Fleet racing oil is 42.99/qt. That's hard to beat.

I used pennzoil or Delvac in my big diesels until I needed to cut costs. never had an oil related failure with Fleet Farm oil.

I use Fleet Farm private label oil (made by Citgo) or stuff from the local Federated parts store (made by Amalie). Good stuff.

The Fleet racing oil is 42.99/qt. That's hard to beat.

I used pennzoil or Delvac in my big diesels until I needed to cut costs. never had an oil related failure with Fleet Farm oil.
$43 per quart?? That’s nutz!

I run Exide or RK 625 CCA combo deep cycle/ RV starting batteries in every vehicle I own except my 2015 Renegade which is still on the factory battery.

The first one I bought at RK was $46 but they have gone up a bit.

The last Interstate battery I bought for my Dakota was over $100 and didn't last the warranty period.

That first $46 RK replacement is still in there.

I run Exide or RK 625 CCA combo deep cycle/ RV starting batteries in every vehicle I own except my 2015 Renegade which is still on the factory battery.

The first one I bought at RK was $46 but they have gone up a bit.

The last Interstate battery I bought for my Dakota was over $100 and didn't last the warranty period.

That first $46 RK replacement is still in there.
I can't remember what the 625cca costed but I do remember seeing them. They had 4 different price sections, 46, 59, 79, 89 then they had the exide brand that was 125 I will go back and look and see how much the 625 cost I'm thinking it was 89 either way still cheaper than napa! Lol

so why not use it?

Because it's doubtful it will help any, and possible it can cause harm.
If you do have a failure, no oil company will honor a warranty on an oil that's had additive introduced to their solution.

If you do have a failure, no oil company will honor a warranty on an oil that's had additive introduced to their solution.
Maybe so idk. But I am seriously doubtful that Lucas oil would make and sell millions of bottles of this stuff if its gonna cause damage to a engine. Even so there isnt an oil company out there that's gonna warranty a 20 year old truck with 289k miles

Even so there isnt an oil company out there that's gonna warranty a 20 year old truck with 289k miles

They aren't going to warranty your truck, but they will warranty their product. If the oil fails to do what an oil is supposed to, and you suffer damage to your engine because of it, you will have a legitimate warranty claim. That will always require an oil analysis, which will reveal what caused the oil to fail, if it indeed did. It will also reveal if an additive was used.

Here's what Lucas Oil Stabilizer is, and what it does.
It is a thick, Group I (low grade) oil, with virtually no additive. That's it.
It will considerably thicken your oil, and dilute the additive package, reducing the useful life of your oil. The higher concentration of Lucas used, the greater the effect.
If you want thicker oil, just buy one, and you'll have the full, undiluted additive package. I'd only use the Lucas in a worn out engine on it's last leg, that had knocking or oil burning problems. Back in the day, I used STP in 351 Cleveland that knocked a bit on startup.
Hopefully this has been informative to you.

They aren't going to warranty your truck, but they will warranty their product. If the oil fails to do what an oil is supposed to, and you suffer damage to your engine because of it, you will have a legitimate warranty claim. That will always require an oil analysis, which will reveal what caused the oil to fail, if it indeed did. It will also reveal if an additive was used.

Here's what Lucas Oil Stabilizer is, and what it does.
It is a thick, Group I (low grade) oil, with virtually no additive. That's it.
It will considerably thicken your oil, and dilute the additive package, reducing the useful life of your oil. The higher concentration of Lucas used, the greater the effect.
If you want thicker oil, just buy one, and you'll have the full, undiluted additive package. I'd only use the Lucas in a worn out engine on it's last leg, that had knocking or oil burning problems. Back in the day, I used STP in 351 Cleveland that knocked a bit on startup.
Hopefully this has been informative to you.
Yes it it thank you. I started using it in my 85 dodge years ago the one I mentioned before. And it really seemed to help with oil consumption and oil pressure. So I continued to use it in all my vehicles. I don't use it in my wife's truck I always keep her in a newer low mileage vehicle but I always have driven old high mileage junk lol I can't afford two new vehicles so that's a sacrifice I make. In this case we kinda got lucky in a way I was looking for a newer truck because I knew mine was in its last life but we ended up just buying her a newer one and I started driving her old one. Its still nice it's got alot of life left in it. It's a 2004 mercury mountaineer awd 4.6 v8. I just bought another dodge ram it's a 2001 4x4 5.9 I got it for under 500 bucks I'm gonna use the 2 and make one good truck. I will take your advice and skip the Lucas in the 4.6. Thanks

A higher viscosity index is generally considered desirable. The best way to obtain it is to use a high quality base stock. Some synthetic oils use very little VI improver, which is also desirable. The less VI improver used to get a high VI the better. Use a better oil, and/or use a thicker oil. Lucas will dilute your additive package, increase deposits and foaming, and lighten your wallet.

We had a travelling salesman that came around a few times a year. He put in the cheapest oil he could get. He said he never got less than 400,000 kilometres out of a motor. Kim
What the heck is a Kilometer ?

$8.69 for 5 quarts of oil? Is that stuff straight from the ground with NO refining done to it ???

What the heck is a Kilometer ?

$8.69 for 5 quarts of oil? Is that stuff straight from the ground with NO refining done to it ???
1 kilometer is equal to .621 miles. So If you do the math that's like 248k miles.
Idk but I like the price of it! Lol

Wrong . all oils are usually packaged by the closest refinery , and the diff companies additive is blended in there .

I'll see if I can snap a picture of it one of these days, there is a building in my town, probably a distribution center

Across the front it reads "major oil brands company"

I guess that pretty much sums it up

actually pulled a pic right off their fakebook page

untitled.png

Last edited:
Wrong . all oils are usually packaged by the closest refinery , and the diff companies additive is blended in there .

Yeah, no.
There are about 20 refineries producing base stock in the U.S. It stands to reason that most of them would have blending and packaging facilities close by. There are blenders everywhere, though. Some package, and some don't. Some ship bulk products which are packaged elsewhere.

The sign says "Major Brands Oil Co.", and is the registered name of the company in that state.

Your post says- "major oil brands company".

I'll see if I can snap a picture of it one of these days, there is a building in my town, probably a distribution center

Across the front it reads "major oil brands company"

I guess that pretty much sums it up

actually pulled a pic right off their fakebook page

View attachment 1715382004

This a distributor warehouse. It's pretty typical. I checked their webpage, and they do seem to carry more brands than most, including what looks like a house brand "Major Brands." They show that to be available in bulk, 55 gallon, and 5 gallon containers. That is almost certainly packaged by them, and possibly blended by them, too.

The sign says "Major Brands Oil Co.", and is the registered name of the company in that state.

Your post says- "major oil brands company".
Yeah, I was going by memory..guess I got it mixed up
(Get it?)

So in the millions of miles, exactly what has the Lucas fixed or prevented?
The 3406E engine in my last Pete went 1,920,000 miles before I did an inframe overhaul. Even the CAT shop had a hard time believing it but they did all the previous minor engine work. Could have gone another 400-500,000 miles but I had a liner leaking and got water in the oil.

The 3406E engine in my last Pete went 1,920,000 miles before I did an inframe overhaul. Even the CAT shop had a hard time believing it but they did all the previous minor engine work. Could have gone another 400-500,000 miles but I had a liner leaking and got water in the oil.
Why do you think the nearly 2 million miles was due to using Luckless? Could have been many things: your driving style, your engine maintenance program, low sulfur diesel fuels, the fact that Cat made a pretty good on road diesel at one point in time,,,
So you know, prior to retirement I was an engine engineer for 40+ years at one of the class 8 truck manufacturers. 2 million miles between inframes is a lot, but not unheard of. We offered a million mile warranty on specific truck-engine-transmission packages.
The bottom line is, it’s your vehicle, do with it as you wish, but if doing something to significantly increase engine longevity was as simple as an oil additive, would’t the engine oil companies be doing that? And if not them, as competitive as the truck and engine companies are, one of those would be recommending or requiring the oil additive.

Last edited:
-
Back