Russell twist lock at the strip?

-

OCswinger

Reaction score
I need to start thinking about plumbing my Duster for fuel pretty soon and I came across this
where they use the twist lock style of fuel line instead of braided. Is this style of fuel line acceptable at the strip? Or does the no more the 15" of non hard line fall under this? If I plan on running out to Sears Point once a blue moon will they turn me away for running this? Sorry for the ignorance, I have been trying understand the rule but, it's clear as mud to me.

-Jon

No more than 15" of non hard line, not no more than 15'.:D

No more than 15" of non hard line, not no more than 15'.:D
See, I have looked into other forums and their discussions are saying that these approved lines are ok no matter what length. So I guess that's where my confusion is. Is anyone running nothing but this type (approved list) fuel line, and passing inspection?

See, I have looked into other forums and their discussions are saying that these approved lines are ok no matter what length. So I guess that's where my confusion is. Is anyone running nothing but this type (approved list) fuel line, and passing inspection?

Well the answers ought to be interesting then.
Who wouldn't be confused if it says what it says, and then all the sudden rubber line is good?

I did find this, and the guy did call and said the aeroquip line was legal from the tank all the way up.
This included twist lock, he said.

"Call NRHA Technical Department for clarification. If they say that you CAN use the Aeroquip hose, I would recommend that you ask them to send you an e-mail stating such. Keep this as documentation, in case you run into problems during tech inspection at the track(s)."

Here is their contact info in case you want to get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

National Hot Rod Association
2035 Financial Way
Glendora, CA 91741
626-914-4761
Fax: (626) 963-5360
[email protected]

OFFICE HOURS
Monday through Thursday:
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

I did find this, and the guy did call and said the aeroquip line was legal from the tank all the way up.
This included twist lock, he said.

"Call NRHA Technical Department for clarification. If they say that you CAN use the Aeroquip hose, I would recommend that you ask them to send you an e-mail stating such. Keep this as documentation, in case you run into problems during tech inspection at the track(s)."

Here is their contact info in case you want to get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

National Hot Rod Association
2035 Financial Way
Glendora, CA 91741
626-914-4761
Fax: (626) 963-5360
[email protected]

OFFICE HOURS
Monday through Thursday:
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
AWESOME!!!! thanks!!! I would hate to plumb the car to find out I couldn't run it on a track. But I love the idea of the push lock over braided. Thanks again!!!!

AWESOME!!!! thanks!!! I would hate to plumb the car to find out I couldn't run it on a track. But I love the idea of the push lock over braided. Thanks again!!!!

You are certainly welcome.

Don't quote me but if it is legal, it would probably fall under the same guidelines as the approved braided nylon lines in that if it runs through the bell housing area it has to be sheathed in a .120 wall tube if not run on the outside of the frame rail. I know the point of this rule, to avoid a fuel line rupture in the event of an exploding transmission drum/flexplate/flyhweel....but what I don't quite get is that I would think an exploding trans parts would cut right through aluminum or even stainless hard line just as easy.

Probably not a bad idea with even a steel/alu line in that area. how ever, it is more likely that it would pinch the fuel off, other then brake the metal line. rubber-ish line would have a better chance of causing a rupture.

-
Back