Rust neutralizer

-

Ken71Twister

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have some rust in my trunk and I'm not in a position right now to cut out and replace the metal. Could someone suggest a good product to neutralize rust and protect metal after I sand and wire brush the rusted metal?
tx,
Ken

Thanks! I went online and read about this product and it looks like, along with a couple of metal prep products, are good for what I need. Later - I'll get some replacement metal and do the job right.

Do any of the chain stores carry this product or do I need to order online?

Ken

not sure who would carry it
just remember to get the small size containers and use it all once you open it,
it doesnt store well once opened

Thanks for the tip vs getting a small container. I might have gone for a gallon can with the idea of touching up my utility trailer and jet ski trailer during the summer.

evaporust to remove rust without hurting metal then por 15 it to protect it and help with any rust that evaporust didn't take

I had a friend that was a tugboat captain. He turned me on to Ospho because they used a lot of it around the boats. It's great stuff, actually turns the oxidized metal into a very hard phosphate. Another vote for Ospho.

I used evaporust for my brake parts and it worked great! It left behind only clean new looking metal. It also wont hurt paint,rubber seals or non ferrous metals,plus when it's dead you can pour it down the drain with no harm to the environment!

Ospho is the ticket. Works wonders on minor/surface rust. Brush it on and leave it over night. I've used it for years with great success. MMG

I'm rebuilding a car right now and have all the outer sheetmetal removed. I want to coat all the inner structure with something before the new panels are installed. Will these products work in this application?

-
Back