Rust Neutralizer

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rust Neutralizer what brands really work and what is snake oil?

For suspension parts,I like the water base stuff. Easy to apply. Easy clean up.
What I'm using today is called One Step.
For anything that will have a smooth finish I use Rustoleams Rust Reformer.

I am looking for something to use in the frame rails too. Think that will work?

jasco prep and prime,ospho is good,ive dne car quest rust remover spray worked good,there is a spray paint that has a 5year or 25 yr something warrenty for rust to not come back its 25bucks for a regular size can of spray paint its called rust destroyer thats the name or brand says it big i can only get it at one store a localy owned hardware lumber yard.

hope this healps ive looked for a product that worked these helped i used jasco/ospho there same color porolly same **** i think i looked ingrediants and they where same.

spray was cool u spray then it turns the rust purple then u lightly sand and primer paint over it

jasco prep and prime,ospho is good,ive dne car quest rust remover spray worked good,there is a spray paint that has a 5year or 25 yr something warrenty for rust to not come back its 25bucks for a regular size can of spray paint its called rust destroyer thats the name or brand says it big i can only get it at one store a localy owned hardware lumber yard.

hope this healps ive looked for a product that worked these helped i used jasco/ospho there same color porolly same **** i think i looked ingrediants and they where same.

spray was cool u spray then it turns the rust purple then u lightly sand and primer paint over it

I will look for it.

For suspension parts,I like the water base stuff. Easy to apply. Easy clean up.
What I'm using today is called One Step.
For anything that will have a smooth finish I use Rustoleams Rust Reformer.

x2 I like the Rust Reformer, the Rustoleum hi-temp bbq paint sticks pretty well too, and doubles as a weld-thru primer.

I am looking for something to use in the frame rails too. Think that will work?

The inside of tubular forms aren't easy to cover no matter what product is used. Where there's a will there's a way ? Good luck

I like ospho....easy to use and i can pick it up locally at napa.
Eastwood has all kinds of stuff. They have crazy straws with holes all over them to get inside frame rails and spray in all directions

My personal favorite is POR-15. Paints over rust and penetrates and seals so the rust is stopped in its place. Surface MUST be free of grease and oil or it won't stick. If its applied correctly its permanent and takes a grinder to get it off. About the only chemical that will remove it is paint stripper. Underside of my son's '68 Dart is covered with it. Inside of the frame rails are sprayed with Eastwood Interior Frame Coating, which sprays in with a long tube with a nozzle on the end.

Attachments

• Left Rear Underside 1-20-12-s.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 212
-
Back