Rust Treatment

-

valerie6708

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
I've got a 63 Dart, and the bottom of my passenger side doors are rusting through. I work at an Auto Parts store and what's available through my store is Mar-Hyde "One Step Converts rust to black primer sealer"... Says it goes on clear and only turns black on rust. Also: Napa/Permatex brand Rust Treatment, "Destroy's Rust" which you apply with a paint brush, will stain other surfaces, and Napa/Permatex brand "Rust Dissolver" which is also paint brush applied. I think the spray can of Mar-Hyde is my best choice. Any input? Should I venture to another store to get something more quality? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ashley

The metal that is rusted through needs to be replaced with metal first......then you can clean up the inside of the door as best you can and spray some Rust Encapsulator on the inside (from Eastwood in a spray can).

I would wilcat auto wrecking (Near Portland) would have some patches available if you don't wanna have someone make them locat

Ashley I know for a fact Klean Strip rust converter from Walmart (about 6 bucks) works great. It is a brush on but I recomend it. Make sure you remove as much rust as possible and simply brush it on it kills rust on contact.

-
Back