Rusted Frame

-

mralotof

Reaction score
First i want to say that i am not all that smart with cars and do NOT fix them myself. Now saying that i do have a 1967 Dodge dart 4 door sedan that i have been driving and still do. So i put it up for sale as i have hard time driving it due to surgery. So i took it in to a shop and now they are saying that the Frame was rusted from front to back. One person said it was a 60hr wielding job. So Can the frame be replace? Can it be repaired?? Also was told this is a unibody?? does that mean you can not take the body off the frame?? What are my options or is it not worth fixing?? ANY HELP would be Greatly Appreciated....

It is a uni body. Whats the quote on fixing the frame for price wise that is? You cant remove the body from the frame no. It can be repaired but most likely costly and time consuming.

He said something like $500 for A front part Not sure what part he was talking about and $500 for rear part and then about 60 hours in wielding time. I can not afford That cost so was looking for easy fix But guess thats not going to happen. Best sale it too someone that wants to take time to fix As i would Hate to part it out as the rest of car is in good shape "all original" and runs great

They sell frame caps & it surely is no where near 60 hours to weld it

i say post some pics, and let all us professionals take a loook at this rust issue.lol

and 12 gallons of bondo will make it all like new.lmao

You're gettin a bullshit runaround bend over the table nail you up the keester with no lube and a little sand on it pricing. I would look elsewhere.

Sell it the way it is, say good bye and cut your losses. Ask a $1000 and let some one talk you down. When you get better go get one all ready done if you don't work on them. Have someone who knows what to look for go with you when buying. If your car has that much rust and its a 4 door it not worth much in my opinion,I'm thinking $1200 in parts tops

-
Back