RustyRatRod

-
Doug, I'll bet you would've loved the smoker we had at culinary school, it was a wonderful machine! Cold smoking was the Katz with it, and we smoked everything that came in the door!! I also worked at an old school restaurant at the time where we smoked all of our own meats and cheeses, grew our own herbs, and got to butcher some of the wildest foods known to man!! Came in one day to an 8' Sturgeon, just out of the water!! That guy was fun to break down!!

Love your continued postings about smoking, it's an art that is close to my heart!! My favorite class in school was charcuterie, making sausages, terrines, pate and preserving meats in the ancient ways!! Thanks for keeping me hungry!!! :)

8 hours....
20161113_203358.jpg

Normally will get a bit darker after it sits. Will seal it up on Tuesday...hopefully get it in the mail on Wednesday when I go for the injection in my shoulder. Remember to let it sit until at least the 27th.

I just received a box in the mail from Doug and it was full of Smoked Cheese! Man this stuff is like a crack habit. So far I think the Pepper Jack is my favorite. But they are all good. Thanks a ton to Doug and Ernestina!

I just received a box in the mail from Doug and it was full of Smoked Cheese! Man this stuff is like a crack habit. So far I think the Pepper Jack is my favorite. But they are all good. Thanks a ton to Doug and Ernestina!
I am glad you enjoy it. You definitely paid me WAY to much $$.
If you would like a full 5 pound chunk of Pepper Jack just let me know. Would need to get it done before it is to warm to mail...

That I understand. I grated some Colby and put it on top of my Broccoli tonight for dinner. The wife and I both loved it.

-
Back