RustyRatRod

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Got sumtin for you today....
1478321998679925685913.jpg

Need to cook in the Big Green Egg that I used for cold smoking...looks like the brisket we cooked in it last Sunday took a dump in the Egg. I have been cooking in it to get rid of the grease. Hope to smoke this on Sunday night. We have already smoked 12 pounds of butter & 19 pounds of cheese for ourselves.

That's really nice of you, Doug. Thanks. Please let me know what we owe you this time.

20161104_220629.jpg

Got a bit of butter to smoke. We ran out of smoked butter by August his year...our cheese stash made it to the first week of September....goung to try and avoid a repeat of this...
Waiting for the temperature to be in the 40's during the day...have to send a few caramel apples to a young lady we know that joined the Army. She is in Kansas. Lexi really likes the caramel apples from the same place I get salsa from....

Smoked butter... how do you do that. I bet it s awesome

My method...Fill one of these....
A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER 5X8
with pellets. Place it in the bottom of the Big Green Egg. Get it lit and place the fire grate in the Egg. Tear a piece of foil large enough to cover the tray...if you don't some of the butter will melt. Place a cookie cooling rack on the grate and stack the butter (or cheese cut into chunks the same size as the butter). Shut the lid, leaving it ptopped open about a half inch to an inch. Most folks will only smoke butter or cheese for a couple of hours. The Boss and I ike it heavily smoked...we leave the butter/cheese in for 12 hours.
This is how I cold smoke bacon as well.

Hey Doug -
Looks and sounds outstanding!
Saw your post and was hoping I might be able to persuade you to smoke a brick of that Tillamook extra sharp cheddar and a similar size brick of the pepper jack for me when you do RRR's. I don't need a 5-pound brick of pepper jack, just a chunk about the same size as the extra sharp Tillamook you show in the pic.
If you would, sir, please let me know how much $ and I can PayPal to you if that's OK.
Thanks in advance!

Ken

Hey Doug -
Looks and sounds outstanding!
Saw your post and was hoping I might be able to persuade you to smoke a brick of that Tillamook extra sharp cheddar and a similar size brick of the pepper jack for me when you do RRR's. I don't need a 5-pound brick of pepper jack, just a chunk about the same size as the extra sharp Tillamook you show in the pic.
If you would, sir, please let me know how much $ and I can PayPal to you if that's OK.
Thanks in advance!

Ken
Will do...will also clear my inbox...

@ocdart....how smokey do you want it? We cut it into smaller pieces...would you like us to put 1 piece of each cheese per package?
14785319027281208392847.jpg

Packs will look like this....

@ocdart....how smokey do you want it? We cut it into smaller pieces...would you like us to put 1 piece of each cheese per package?
View attachment 1714987086
Packs will look like this....

Sounds perfect! What's the approx weight of each package?
I do like smokey-taste but I also want to taste the cheese. Let's try a 'medium' smoke to start.
Thanks!

Sounds perfect! What's the approx weight of each package?
I do like smokey-taste but I also want to taste the cheese. Let's try a 'medium' smoke to start.
Thanks!
That package weighed 5.7 ounces. 3 hours in the smoke sound good? Will gladly smoke a second batch for you down the road a bit if you would like....

That package weighed 5.7 ounces. 3 hours in the smoke sound good? Will gladly smoke a second batch for you down the road a bit if you would like....

Sounds great! PM me cost and email for PayPal if that's ok, or address if you prefer a check.
Thanks!

My mouth is already waterin.

Sounds great! PM me cost and email for PayPal if that's ok, or address if you prefer a check.
Thanks!
Will be picking up your cheese on Thursday. Still haven't gotten to Robs. Hopefully Wednesday night. Paypal will be fine...just let me get it shipped so....and for it to arrive...just want to make sure it doesn't aporize in the USPS. Please pm me an address....

I have the XL BGE as well.

To clean mine I just get half load of charcoal going, put the grill on, put the indirect plate upside down on top of the grate, then close her up with the top and bottom wide open. She climbs to a bajillion degrees, and after a few hrs, everything is sparkling clean just like a self cleaning oven

You guys are speaking my language.

I LOVES me some smoked...well almost anything.

I am also a big fan of that Tillamook cheese...and their beef jerky...and their salmon...

I have the XL BGE as well.

To clean mine I just get half load of charcoal going, put the grill on, put the indirect plate upside down on top of the grate, then close her up with the top and bottom wide open. She climbs to a bajillion degrees, and after a few hrs, everything is sparkling clean just like a self cleaning oven
Yep, works like a charm. Our cooking grates are grubby. Brush the top prior to each use but the bottom side is a train wreck. The smell of it cleaning is always pretty funky.
Haven't cleaned our Large. It gets,used pretty much daily, so it gets grubby. But one pizza cook and all is well...
I can hear the arteries clogging shut as I write this.
Nobody gets out alive in the end...might as well enjoy yourself...lol...

@SGBARRACUDA....if you don't tell me what you want it will never be going into the smoker. Would be glad to smoke some cheese for you...

Hey I'll take what ever you'll smoke for me! Maybe some of each cheese and then I'll know for the future?

-
Back