RV transmissions?

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
Did all those old RVs use a different lower geared torqueflite if it had a 440? The reason I ask is ive found a engine transmission combo for my little brother when he finds a project car. Its a 76 Winnebago, 440 automatic complete engine carb to pan, only 200 bucks but we have to pull it out ourselves...no big deal. Just wondering if were would even want to use the trans thats behind it if it is geared really low. thanks

wern't they called a loadflite trans.......All the gearing I believe is in the rear diff.......I'd use it...and that is a deal for 200 bucks......deffinitly a 440....might be a 400....

wern't they called a loadflite trans.......All the gearing I believe is in the rear diff.......I'd use it...and that is a deal for 200 bucks......deffinitly a 440....might be a 400....

nope definitly a 440, i made sure to do my homework with this one, thats the only reason i was interested for 200 bucks, usually pay a minimum of 500 for a complete 440 out here. I guess Ive never heard of loadflite, anyone know anything about it?

cool on it being a 440.....200 that is a smokin deal...I pulled a 360 out of a class C (van style}...pain in the crapper.. I hear you can buy some patience at the local bar LOL

If it has the brake on the rear of the tail, it should have the Hemi front clutch drum and 4 pinion planetaries. Bu tthere are no low gear 727s. It also means the tailshaft and housing on the trans are unusable for a car application. But for the cash, it's a decent core.

You could get a tailshaft and housing from a salvage yard without too much trouble. For $200, I'd buy it and worry about the trans later.

-
Back