Rv2 oil pump spring +ball

-

Challenger69

Reaction score
Hi,I’m new to this forum,I have a question about the rv2 ac pump I’m rebuilding. I bought this ac pump brand new from my local auto parts dealer,it seized up due to no oil pressure,I did fill it with the proper oil,the problem is that it come from the dealer without the oil pump ball and spring,and even the rebuild kit doesn’t have it.my question is ,does anyone know the spring length and diameter,and the ballbearing size?Since it’s not avalible in any kit.thanks

I have an old compressor under the bench I could pull it out and check tomorrow if no one chimes in. Where is the spring located?

I have an old compressor under the bench I could pull it out and check tomorrow if no one chimes in. Where is the spring located?
After you remove the oil pan ,it’s in a hole on the back side of the pump,just beside the oil pan gasket surface,thanks

The ball seems to be made of rubber or rubber coated, maybe for a tighter seal up top? Hope this helps.

IMG_20191022_181616.jpg

IMG_20191022_181725.jpg

IMG_20191022_181813.jpg

If that's the quality you can expect, why are you even messing with this trash? Get a whole new compressor somewhere else before you regret fiddling with this one.

Your welcome. Do you think it was a fluke yours didn't come with it installed? I cant imagine your required to break open a new sealed compressor to install an old part.
Well The compressor was under warranty,but it would have taken several weeks to get a replacement.I just needed to get this done,besides I didn’t pay that much for an overhaul kit,and a spring and ball bearing,now I can get my project finished finally

Well The compressor was under warranty,but it would have taken several weeks to get a replacement.I just needed to get this done,besides I didn’t pay that much for an overhaul kit,and a spring and ball bearing,now I can get my project finished finally
Great, sometimes we just want to get things done!

Have you found a valve yet? I have an RV2 I will take the valve out of for you OR you can have the whole compressor for shipping. I believe without brackets it will fit in a large flat rate box.

-
Back