Rv2 rebuild

-
I would say no as many are not suitable for R-134 or R-12. Just get a gasket kit and clean the mating surfaces well. Damn, those things are tanks! Look more at home in a Harley frame....

You probably will not find the necessary parts to rebuild it. Four Seasons, Divison of Standard Motor Products, Lewisville, Texas can rebuild it for you. They had a "send it to them and they will rebuild and return it to you. They have a Web site where you can get the contact us information.

You probably will not find the necessary parts to rebuild it. Four Seasons, Divison of Standard Motor Products, Lewisville, Texas can rebuild it for you. They had a "send it to them and they will rebuild and return it to you. They have a Web site where you can get the contact us information.

Rock Auto sell a lot of parts for those. I was looking the other day.
I am still not sure that buying a remn from them wouldn't be my best choice.

Are you trying to keep the car OEM/restored? If not, why not upgrade to a Sanden? It is made for R134, weighs less, and takes less HP when running. Just a thought!

Trying to stay as original as possible. As for the parts I ordered from polarbearinc.com a shaft seal and gasket set 40 bucks. I was just hoping to find out how much torque to tighten the bolts and any other things to watch for.

Are you trying to keep the car OEM/restored? If not, why not upgrade to a Sanden? It is made for R134, weighs less, and takes less HP when running. Just a thought!

X2 kick the old school to the curb man. Things have gotten better in 40 years.

I put a seal in my 1966 Barracuda RV2 in about 1981, I added about 1/2 can of freon since then, (just once) and it still works great! This hot summer was a great test on it. I think the seal was carbon. Keep the work clean, change the oil and evacuate well. Consider changing the receiver drier and thermostatic expansion valve at same time to save future work.

-
Back